uh hitches not realistic

Goodhead

I was looking over my collection the other day and looking at the hitches on UH tractors.

The UH models are classed as models, so why do they not have realistic looking linkage?

Those that have front linkage look great because you see the hydraulic rams and chains etc.  The back on all uh tractors isn't like that.

You even have a small bar in which to lift the draw bar up with.  As far as i'm aware 1:1 scale tractors dont have this.

Why can't we have the details that we see on the front of some but on the back?  They are models aren't they??????

I've thought the same thing for a while too.

I expected the Kuhn Mower Conditioner to fit the 3pt and was surprised when it didn't. I'm fully expecting the Prosol to fit the Uh 3pt. Someone please tell me it does  :-\

It does indeed TOG, Jason posted up a few pictures of it:

http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=11961.0

thew uh hitches are alot more realistic looking then the britains hitches thats for sure, i know not all there stuff fits onto the tractors properly sometimes but they still do look more realistic, and in real life it can sometimes be a c%%t to get stuff to go on to the tractor

the only fault i can find with uh rear hitches is they dont allow you to turn any real angle with a trailer on,some do allow it with the hitch in the lowered position i have to say, but over all most dont allow more than a 30 degree turn either way total lock to lock so to speak,

the only fault i can find with uh rear hitches is they dont allow you to turn any real angle with a trailer on,some do allow it with the hitch in the lowered position i have to say, but over all most dont allow more than a 30 degree turn either way total lock to lock so to speak,

That's my problem when using the TTV-1160 as a straw cutter Sean......Means a lot of forward/reverse shuttling if I don't want the implement to fall off...... :D;)

I think it's due to the lack of space between the two linkage arms isn't it?  ;)

That's my problem when using the TTV-1160 as a straw cutter Sean......Means a lot of forward/reverse shuttling if I don't want the implement to fall off...... :D;)

I think it's due to the lack of space between the two linkage arms isn't it?  ;)

Well it can't be any wider can it I suppose, as most other linkage systems fall off and the UH implements isn't a nice fit either I suppose- but I suppose thats done to fit other linkage systems. But yer, good point.  ;)

With regards to the turing radius with trailers. Why dont they take the draw bar out of the linkage and mount it like a real tractor? seprate from the link arms. Siku nee dto do the same. UH could do it easly as they are models not toys. It wouldnt be hard to do a draw bar and a little removable pin. i did it to my cat chally. It wasnt that hard. So why cant UH?

• 2 months later...

This is an area that Universal Hobbies do need to get their act together on and make improvements in. I have an excellent Agrium models New Holland TVT conversion based on the Deutz from U.H. and there is not much space for making a tight turn when displaying models behind the tractor when hooked up to the drawbar hook as the lift arms catch the implements drawbar. Otherwise they are good models

• 1 month later...