How about this for a loader !!!

I may have seen one of those in the past and not realized it. What year were they made? Loaders of a similar size are moslty used for small nurseries or landscaper supply stores.  :)

intresting marky, are you sure it was a usa thing only? as i seem to remember seeing one ,or one very much like it,at a dealers a long time ago on a parts run for the farm,was causing a fair bit of attention to from the other people there from memory.

Not absolutly sure Sean in all honesty mate... so we may well have had them here as well then...

Not sure of the year Tim... but from the brochure I'd say mid-late 90's  :-\

would be about right time wise, was arround the time i had just passed my test as i was driving the pickup ,even my uncle went and had a wander, but couldnt see a need for it as we had silos not stores for the grain, although he did seem inpressed with the idead,

prob was a fergy at least as this yard only ever had fergy stuff in right up till it shut down recently

I have brochures on another couple of artic loaders that didn't get to market here that I picked up at The Royal Show one year, bigger than these but not as big as the MF22/33/44 Hanomag based machines of the 70s/80s.

One of my farmer friends ran a 2nd hand Hanomag 22 artic loader (Perkins 4.248 engine power) for many years, I had a go on it mucking out yards but didn't like it as sitting on the front half you don't know where your back end is or how much more lock you have left, not good in confined spaces. All artic loaders of any merit are rear-half control.(JCB made the same mistake to start with-410 etc).

• 9 months later...

hey marky, i got that brochure here in little ole new zealand, picked it up when i worked in the states

its actually based on a AGCO machine, a small brand they brought,  i think it was called a wilmar

we had dozens of the older orange wilmars on the place i was on, some had a 4pot JD motor like found in the 2140JD, the others had deutz FL912 motors,

they were known for lifting the od front wheel off the ground when nothing in the bucket (bit dangerous with no bucket ha ha!), orange ones had two pedals forward and reverse, it was a hydro, sometimes ya grab the wrong pedal and hit something ya wasn't suppose too,. the later 4700 models, yellow/green stripe had a left hand shuttle and go pedal, they were fast, didn't like lifting heavy loads at full lock, shifted the centre of gravity to a not so safe point, you drive them with the load low, lift going straight ahead at the last minute, guys in our stores could really pedal these machines, was a hydro machine, with 4 hydro motors, often ment the hydro power went to the easiest spinning wheel, they were a good 4wd, but not for deep mud, or steep conditions

we used them in our 25 fertiliser stores, feeding a stationary concrete mixer off a truck, mixing small batches of fert then feeding it on to our agchem floaters to spread it

hey marky, i got that brochure here in little ole new zealand, picked it up when i worked in the states

its actually based on a AGCO machine, a small brand they brought,  i think it was called a wilmar

we had dozens of the older orange wilmars on the place i was on, some had a 4pot JD motor like found in the 2140JD, the others had deutz FL912 motors,

they were known for lifting the od front wheel off the ground when nothing in the bucket (bit dangerous with no bucket ha ha!), orange ones had two pedals forward and reverse, it was a hydro, sometimes ya grab the wrong pedal and hit something ya wasn't suppose too,. the later 4700 models, yellow/green stripe had a left hand shuttle and go pedal, they were fast, didn't like lifting heavy loads at full lock, shifted the centre of gravity to a not so safe point, you drive them with the load low, lift going straight ahead at the last minute, guys in our stores could really pedal these machines, was a hydro machine, with 4 hydro motors, often ment the hydro power went to the easiest spinning wheel, they were a good 4wd, but not for deep mud, or steep conditions

we used them in our 25 fertiliser stores, feeding a stationary concrete mixer off a truck, mixing small batches of fert then feeding it on to our agchem floaters to spread it

They sound like a great fun vehcile to drive... if you are brave enough then  :o:D :D - so im summary... it's another badge engineered product then  :-\

I think pudding is correct Mark, I hired something just like this a good few years ago, I had the name "Woolmar" in mind but maybe not  :-\, It was deep yellow/orange in colour and a nail biting ride if you were in a hurry...... not really heavy enough for the job we were using it on and I sent it back and swapped it for a bobcat after almost turning it over a couple of times.

It's interesting to see how many machines get re-badged as MF.  :)

I think pudding is correct Mark, I hired something just like this a good few years ago, I had the name "Woolmar" in mind but maybe not  :-\, It was deep yellow/orange in colour and a nail biting ride if you were in a hurry...... not really heavy enough for the job we were using it on and I sent it back and swapped it for a bobcat after almost turning it over a couple of times.

It's interesting to see how many machines get re-badged as MF.  :)

Blimey Jason... they sound a bit leathal...  :o - I wonder how they got away with making them like that.... it does look a litle un-stable as well... I bet a bobcat is much more fun as well  :P

As for badge enginering... I reckon Massey are the best at it EVER  :o:-[

I have brochures on another couple of artic loaders that didn't get to market here that I picked up at The Royal Show one year, bigger than these but not as big as the MF22/33/44 Hanomag based machines of the 70s/80s.

One of my farmer friends ran a 2nd hand Hanomag 22 artic loader (Perkins 4.248 engine power) for many years, I had a go on it mucking out yards but didn't like it as sitting on the front half you don't know where your back end is or how much more lock you have left, not good in confined spaces. All artic loaders of any merit are rear-half control.(JCB made the same mistake to start with-410 etc).

I once tried to reverse a JCB loading shovel on my trailer but gave up and drove it on  ;) ;) I had the same problem when I backed it off though ::) ::) I felt that having just the engine twitching around behind was a horrible sensation ::) ::)