casting tractor cabs

IH885XLMAN

Question

Dave, forgive me if I'm wrong...It's been a long day!

When you cast the mould for the tailgate, the silicone or whatever you used would have filled in the hole where the grain shoot fits on effectively locking the tailgate into the mould, did you just cut that before removing the tailgate from the mould?

hi

there is 2 ways of doing the hole , a bit of tape across the hole which would work or just let the rubber through and cut when set , which i did , slide the knife down and cut .

i was playing with the resin tail gate but not using it yet , the the grain shoot i glued to the marston trailer was to the original ,as for blue i don't know about the colour match , will try some in red soon.

as for price , don't know , ?2.50 tailgate & grain shoot ( no ram , unpainted ) grian shoot ?1 ( unpainted, no ram) all + p&p

dave

the problem with that james is you still need to find a really close colour to look right with the chassai,as i only needed to touch up the sides it wasn't worth while,and then you need to locate lables/makers badges to finish it off,these are hard to find,i only have a few left .the j d green is easy but blue isn't

You could do what PDC suggested for the MB trac, take it into halfords or the like, and get it matched (take a bit you've cut off if you don't want to do a lot of explaining  ;) ) They must have software and colour scanners which will give you a good match, if you make a lot of trailers it shouldn't work out too expensive.