Impressions: MF 6445 - K2 Duo

Powerstarâ„¢

Well decided we better go and spread some of the brown stuff the other day at college, so I took the usual steed upon the seat of my MF 6445, and hooked up the 7 Tonne K2 Duo rear discharge (left of pic) the Same Silver 90 pulling the West retired early on due to the main bearing failing to co-operate on the West, and the legendary MF 375 was hooked to the 5.0cu New Holland rotaspreader.

post-201-132638564584_thumb.jpg

First load wasn't that big, didn't really have the power to pull it through the soft ground, we also had a JD 6910 & JD 6620 running with 2 Richard Western 12 Tonners, (contractors) so there was alot of waiting due to a single track 1/4 mile lane, which due to it being positioned on the Somerset levels, looks like it's endless!

post-201-132638564614_thumb.jpg

Looks to me like you've got a nice set up there Luke. Looks like you've got as much on your spreader there as we put in our 10 ton ECE machines. Always good to see how much you can put in a spreader before the bed chains stop moving ::);D:D :D ;)

Great pictures luke, that little massey is  :-*:-* :-* wish my college would invest in a decent MF

Luke are you on your muck spreading campaign at the moment then? We got ours at college next week for the week will try and get some pics...

How much you got to spread then?

Great pictures luke, that little massey is  :-*:-* :-* wish my college would invest in a decent MF

Luke are you on your muck spreading campaign at the moment then? We got ours at college next week for the week will try and get some pics...

How much you got to spread then?

We've had rough times on the college farm, lots of staff changes, and now things look set to be working better, we have a new farm manager who has decided he best get on and empty the pit which has been overful for ages, me personally working on the basis each load was 8 tonne managed to spread about 80 tonne, whilst the contractors each were probably double that. The 375 didn't do much spreading but I reckon over the course of the day a good 20 tonne could of been taken out. Contractors are still at it today swopped the Class Targo for a New Holland LM410 today. We might go spreading after this Key Skills 'communications' lesson I'm suppose to be deeply engrossed with  ::)  :D :D ;)

That K2 is a fairly small size for those spreaders - I wouldn't advise putting that much in as it can be a hoorrid job if the chain breaks and have to scoop out all that dung - usually the local contarctor tips the spreader over with the loader if this happens - after taking it off the tractor of course  :D

Good piece of advice Nash, but time's money and money's beer in us agri's case!  :D :D

Been out again today, We wereout spreading the equestrain centre's crap, mostly wood shavings  ::) I spent all day in the JD 6300 & 640a Loader loading up!

Pouring with rain allllllllllllllllllllllllllll day, got some pics, mite post them later!