Old MF Baler etc

jdc

We bought it new in 1960 something (not sure  :)) It has done a hell of a lot of bales in it's life. I 'think' it's a 703 but not too sure after all these years  ???

She get sprayed with transmission oil every year after baling less than 100 bales and tucked up in the shed. Goes really well!

It's down on the books valued at ?1 - because the accountant can't depreciate it any more  :D :D

Fanny could have a play, but if I sold it, where would I get my little bales from?  :)

The game keeper had one of those balers for doing his pheasent run bales and the oat bales for the kennels with where I used to work. Good baler if you didn't push it too hard. We soon learnt that 15-20' wide cuts were enough for it, the first year he had it we never thought and I cut full 25' widths in good winter barley, the poor blokes leg was aching from riding the clutch on the Ford, none of the estates tractors had a gear slow enough, it was spitting a bale out every metre ;D::):D :D ;)

ahh steerage hoeing many many acres done on one of them as for the webb presicion drill they're like chickens teeth to get hold of nowadays

nice pics john  :)

I'm going to grow some cabbage this year for tup feed, so the old drill is going to be hauled out for that and maybe the steerage hoe too  :o

Wish me luck Marcus  :D

Just put her on the MF3065 which is a bit big really!

I only have an old 'random' collector sledge which is a real antique.......

I'll get the pics too.  ;)

Ah right cheers John......I know how you feel about the collector sledge, at the other farm where I occasionally help out we have a home built sledge and it just collects them in no real order or form and dumps them in a heap...... :D :D ;)