Which One For You?

Powerstarâ„¢

tl6 /tl7, well ive a few tails about them, were i used to work sold them, in one word they were generally rubbish to put it blunt :o but having said that were my dad works bought a tl6 new P reg and it was no trouble at all and they kept it for about 8 years ;) and did about 4000hrs. more details to follow ;)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would always reccomend a manitou over any other machine, for colleges machine the 731 they are slower machines overall the 740/741 were alot faster which is why are very popular round here. Manitou's have had there problems and havin once worked with local manitou dealers most problems come from hydraulics but on most machines these should be fixed if was serviced by a main dealer ;) ;) one of main problems is the CRC (comfort ride control) valves they were prone to going and bringing up all manner of problems.  But luke theres a high chance its drivers that are slower on manitou or hes been abused far to much ;) as always found them to be as fast etc as all other makes eg claas targo's (later machines bloody good earlys ones sh!te).  Sanderson especially TL6 brilliant machines drove one a few times very good hydraulics etc and reliable too.  JCB's never driven them as they are very much disliked due to overheating when working hard and terrible dealers with no help from them etc so very few about though there is one 525-58 on one of our contract farms and has clocked 12000 trouble free hours.

But if going to buy a handler for 8k i will always reccomend a Manitou 626 spent many many hours on them and there solid as a rock and very useful size etc can fit in most sheds and wont let you down clocked over 400hrs on one in just over 4 weeks and apart from servicing not one fault ;)

I would always reccomend a manitou over any other machine, for colleges machine the 731 they are slower machines overall the 740/741 were alot faster which is why are very popular round here. Manitou's have had there problems and havin once worked with local manitou dealers most problems come from hydraulics but on most machines these should be fixed if was serviced by a main dealer ;) ;) one of main problems is the CRC (comfort ride control) valves they were prone to going and bringing up all manner of problems.  But luke theres a high chance its drivers that are slower on manitou or hes been abused far to much ;) as always found them to be as fast etc as all other makes eg claas targo's (later machines bloody good earlys ones sh!te).  Sanderson especially TL6 brilliant machines drove one a few times very good hydraulics etc and reliable too.  JCB's never driven them as they are very much disliked due to overheating when working hard and terrible dealers with no help from them etc so very few about though there is one 525-58 on one of our contract farms and has clocked 12000 trouble free hours.

But if going to buy a handler for 8k i will always reccomend a Manitou 626 spent many many hours on them and there solid as a rock and very useful size etc can fit in most sheds and wont let you down clocked over 400hrs on one in just over 4 weeks and apart from servicing not one fault ;)

At this price though, be very wearing of bad brake's which can lead to more hassle than you would think  ;)

Have also used Manitous, too many to list the numbers as they all sound the same. ... brilliant machines make no mistake, lift well, fast on the reponses and popular in most parts of our country but I wouldn't by too old a model due to the above or keep a new on too long - residual value isn't the greatest. heir best bought new and sold at warranty expirery or bought ex-demo hours and sold before the value drops to far. Some interesting points made Phil, the 12,000 hour JCB seals it for me though sonner!!  ;):)

At this price though, be very wearing of bad brake's which can lead to more hassle than you would think  ;)

Have also used Manitous, too many to list the numbers as they all sound the same. ... brilliant machines make no mistake, lift well, fast on the reponses and popular in most parts of our country but I wouldn't by too old a model due to the above or keep a new on too long - residual value isn't the greatest. heir best bought new and sold at warranty expirery or bought ex-demo hours and sold before the value drops to far. Some interesting points made Phil, the 12,000 hour JCB seals it for me though sonner!!  ;):)

Try and find a telehandler around that price though that doesnt need some work to the brakes and other parts (normaly hydraulics) eg i would always reccomend a handler from a arable farm as is more likely to have been maintained and checked over but also likely to suffer from bad brakes from constant stop start and precision work (filling drills),  Yet a dairy farm one is lkely to have bad engine and hydraulics due to misuse and lack of maintenance ;) ;)

Try and find a telehandler around that price though that doesnt need some work to the brakes and other parts (normaly hydraulics) eg i would always reccomend a handler from a arable farm as is more likely to have been maintained and checked over but also likely to suffer from bad brakes from constant stop start and precision work (filling drills),  Yet a dairy farm one is lkely to have bad engine and hydraulics due to misuse and lack of maintenance ;) ;)

I'd have said that its often the other way round at times, going by our old JCB's they had multiple users so only recieved maintainece when we had a few minutes to spare, smaller units maybe look after them better whereas a livestock farm cannot afford to have such a vital machine go wrong so they are well maintained, might be a bit moth eaten in places. If they break down and there is no other machine available to load the feeder wagon etc then its a big problem so they can be better maintained, although in saying that I have seen one or two used by just a cowman and I don't know what it is with those blokes but they don't half know how to abuse a machine :o::):D :D ;)

I was just going by this area (always knew you were opposites up your way :D :D joking) they all seem (cowmen) to abuse there tele's  even though they need them badly there thinking is we got a Ford 5000 with loader if it goes wrong :D :D They dont take any pride in there machines even tractors can be mils better. Well only ever my boss and me that drives our forklift and same with most people only ever storeman that touched the forklift so it is well looked after :D :D with there thinking being if the forklift goes down means the combine has to stop as well.... which means boss breathing down there neck :D

ive worked on dairy units in general it pays to avoid any machine that has come from a stock farm. i used to work on a farm that had 2 telehandlers 1 on the arable 1 on dairy both identical machines same age after 2yrs to look at the machines together our 1 from the arable side had done twice the hours but looked 2 years old however the one from the dairy unit looked 10 yrs old,bits missing, dents, hardly anything worked on it and it stank of cows :(

Our Manitou at college falls in to this category of 'Dairy Abuse' 04 Reg appearing as a P or R reg  :-[

I've been chatting to other people about my handler debate, and I've been told a Matbro TS Hi-Torque is a very capable machine. Not the standard TS, these are shaped th same as the JD 3000 series telehandlers. I'm told a TS270 or a TS290 Hi-Torque will last you well.

same as our matbro its is misused mostly because small yards and some of our drivers go way to fast and ding it here and there  >:(

the farm up the road did have a matbro tr250 bought the same time as ours and does more cubilcles and small yards and doesnt have a mark except the dent on the side of the cab were it tipped against the bar on top of the silage clamp wall  ::) 

• 11 months later...