At work with Gav

Gav836

The bout marker should still be visible I'd have thought MJ?

We are spreading on rape stubble at the mo as harvest has stopped down here. It's awful though, the slightest shower and the tractors are caked in topped and chopped stalks all jammed together by soil and sludge. Doesn't take long to make a 100hr tractor look likeit's a few years old  :'(

• 2 weeks later...

Been a few days since I posted anything, mostly due to the weather but in the past couple of days we have managed to get cutting again and cut all of our spring barley and make a start on the wheat today. Got a few of pics of the JD in action :)

post-334-132638846758_thumb.jpg

post-334-132638846784_thumb.jpg

The boss wanted me to keep as close to the combine as possible yesterday, was going so well until a slight net wrapping glitch caused a hold up. The baler itself is working ok now, having had a whole new density block fitted, the slip clutch did go this morning though.....damp straw ::)

post-334-132638846834_thumb.jpg

post-334-13263884685_thumb.jpg

Very pictures. I think baling is a nice job to do. Also a very nice plough.

Texas

Thanks Texas, baling isn't a bad job when the machine behaves itself. The plough isn't too bad but its about 20 years old and twisted slightly so is a complete cow to try and get aligned properly

Cheers Sean, I got closer after that but 100m is close enough when you see the condition of the rear end of the combine....dents, bent lights....I like my bonnet in one piece :D :D

ah yeah excusses excusses ate, that was from the pervious drivers, not an experianced guy like you eh :D :D :D :D

stil not seen much arround down here, few cut fileds and stuff flying arround but at a guess 75% of wheat/barley fields are still untouched arround the plymouth area

ah yeah excusses excusses ate, that was from the pervious drivers, not an experianced guy like you eh :D :D :D :D

stil not seen much arround down here, few cut fileds and stuff flying arround but at a guess 75% of wheat/barley fields are still untouched arround the plymouth area

The boss drives the combine, so far this year we've got two bent up rear lights and brackets, a removed jockey wheel from the trolley and a concave full of soil. It seems he doesn't watch the backend when he's turning ::):D

Wet here again this morning so will be a few days before we're cutting again :-\

We wouldn't normally do it straight behind the combine either but given the current weather situation its better to have it wrapped up so we can get the fields cleared than to have acres of wet straw laying about. There's a 35 acre field still laying there from last Monday that I can't get into, even after 3 days dry you could still wring the straw out yesterday :o

Here's 3 pictures from yesterday, we had intended to cut the last 30 acres of spring barley we had on a contract farm but 10 minutes after the pictures were taken it absolutely persisted down again ::)

The combine on the first round :)

post-334-132638851961_thumb.jpg

The view to the left and right from the top end of the field. We are less than 100m from the sea at Salthouse in these pictures. The big mound is the sea defence, it often gets breached in rough weather and floods the marsh lands

post-334-132638851967_thumb.jpg

post-334-132638851976_thumb.jpg