At work with Gav

Gav836

Thanks Marcus, if all this field and the other two of this variety run as well as the two headlands we've done then it will certainly be a good crop, the other variety looks to yield well as well leaving us with a few storage issues :-\

you bulk store them gav or graded straight into boxes to cold store , or boxed & shipped straight out ? where i was harvesting , we had BRANSTON's potato bagging plant only a few miles down the road , so most times i'd be unloading straight into boxes to go straight there

These ones go straight through a grader and into bulkers before a short trip to a bulk store locally ready for Walkers. The Pentland Dell what we will go onto in a couple of weeks though all go into on farm bulk storage but with what the yields look like we may well have a problem

i take it you have yer own cold store ?, we had room for 1000 boxes , so any extra had to go into into storage at someone elses farm, but being on the door step of branstons most went sraight to them,.

hope you dont do salad potatoes , it's a pain harvesting those  :(

Thanks Texas, it is a damn good potato harvest so far, we've just had the best first day of the season they've ever known on the farm with lifting and grading three 27 ton bulkers and filling another two 14 ton trailers as well, looking to be a big problem for storage now once our allotted space is filled at the store

Thanks Texas, it is a damn good potato harvest so far, we've just had the best first day of the season they've ever known on the farm with lifting and grading three 27 ton bulkers and filling another two 14 ton trailers as well, looking to be a big problem for storage now once our allotted space is filled at the store

could that also be down to Supergav at the wheel! ;D ;D ;D

sure marky could hel pwith some for a small discount :D :D

• 2 weeks later...

Heres a couple of pictures from today, taken at 7.30am while I was waiting for another trailer, sun just starting to burn through the mist

DSCN0100.jpg

DSCN0101.jpg

And a video of harvesting in process, hired in MTX125 on the trailer

th_DSCN0103.jpg

Cheers Murray :) That field was started on in the middle of thursday afternoon, headlands take a long while to clear due to the shunting about, we've now had just over 2.5 days on it and are just over halfway, we could be further but with only two trailers and a slowish grader I can load them quicker than they can get rid of it so I end up having a 10-15 min wait between trailers. Theres a low bank at the end of that field between ours and the neighbours so th etrees you can see in the distance of the first picture are the far side of the neighbours field, not an overly big field, 25-30 acres I think from memory

Always two trailers as the grader can't cope with anymore, wasn't so bad close to the yard, 5 mins at the most, but now we're further away the travelling time adds to things ;)

well hope everything goes well for you Gav so you can get all your spuds in i know what you can do to keep you busy. Write down all the improvements a JD needs  ;D list will go on for a while  :D :D