At work with Gav

Gav836

aaaaarh buster  :D :D :D;D ;D

nice pics Gav, busy again i take it ;) ;)

do you guys use one of those big yellow machines to load the beat into lorries then?, i think i remember you posting some pics up ages ago on another farm?

Fairly busy as weather allows ploughing for this years beet crop and spring barley. Still have a lot of beet in the ground at the minute.

Yes we have the Ropa here, not very popular with us though as it leves the ground muddy, wet and unworkable down the headland they are tipped on. Got the old cleaner and Hanomag coming next time though as the fields are unreachable by lorry

not relay most pepole around mine and gavins way run one at most i only no of one person who runs to b ut they hardly ever in the same feild yea there is a lot of beet still in the ground but yeilds are on a high this yea the beet are just so big they are monsters this year i have only ever seen the beet this sort of size once before but thats just me

We're actually in the Farmer's Weekly this week with our out wintering of cattle program if anyone is interested (link below) and have an open day this coming week for the same thing. All in the name of saving money on the all expensive feed

http://www.fwi.co.uk/Articles/2009/01/22/113841/reducing-winter-feed-costs-is-possible-as-open-day-will.html

We're actually in the Farmer's Weekly this week with our out wintering of cattle program if anyone is interested (link below) and have an open day this coming week for the same thing. All in the name of saving money on the all expensive feed

http://www.fwi.co.uk/Articles/2009/01/22/113841/reducing-winter-feed-costs-is-possible-as-open-day-will.html

Damn Gavlar you have aged buddy!!!

A few pictures from this week so far. With it being wet I've started to overhaul the spud gear ready for planting, only thing with a clean bill of health is the Grimme planter, the destoner is rather sick needing two new hydraulic motors and numerous sprockets, chains and bearings, the ridger just needs wearing metal changed.

6920s on Reekie ridger

DSCN0480.jpg

DSCN0482.jpg

Grimme GL32B planter

DSCN0479.jpg