At work with Gav

Gav836

A Terra-Disc is a good tool for levelling ground and mixing in trash BUT if you do a lot of ground with it and it turns wet you can forget getting back on it for a good while as they seem to smear the ground beneath so the water can't drop through :-\

I did wonder why you had both markers up.  ;D

Looks like good barley ground - just straight on top of the ploughing? :o

i still wonder?  the run before had the marker down?

gav have you gps in that lady?

if so you are a lazy git

My old man says the day he need gps to keep straight is the day he stops, its part of the fun fighting the sidecasting ground

if so you are a lazy git

My old man says the day he need gps to keep straight is the day he stops, its part of the fun fighting the sidecasting ground

i think he,s still  on the headland pass rickay

if so you are a lazy git

I never have the marker down on the last headland run apart from on the side of the field where I'm going to carry on drilling, no point really. We have talked about getting GPS but thats more for bedforming than drilling, at the minute its an expensive item that we can live without

its menat to be good for sparying and top dressing most pepole who i no have it have ti for the not the one were you dont steer at all thats a bit lazy

thanks for the heads up gavers i think i will pass on useing it the after i have spent ages subsoiling the ground to get it to drain right again after years of obse were starting to see afect of my madness as my old man calls it

Nice photo's Gav, that's a straight line if I ever I saw one!  8) There are acres and acres of autumn sown crops round here where the headlands were drilled first with a Rapide when it was two wet. It's an embarrassment if nothing else. Your ground looks pretty near on perfect for doing it that way. :)

Had a Lemken on demo the past day or so, thats now all of them apart from a Gregoire Besson, no too worried now as we don't think that would be chosen anyway. As I'm ploughing again we've put duals on the old 6810 and thats now drilling, giving the old thing a clear out as it hasn't been worked like this for a while.

Bit tougher going on this bit, one of last years spud fields

DSCN0622.jpg

DSCN0612.jpg

As a comparison, our Kv on the same field

DSCN0626.jpg

Oops! This was a big lake when we harvested the spuds, I managed to plough it and it didn't go over too bad however it turened out to be fairly wet when the drill tried to go through it ::) ::)

DSCN0623.jpg

DSCN0624.jpg

DSCN0625.jpg

It's the drill thats the problem Ricky, the mud balls up in front of the press wheels and you just can't move it, it even had my 6920s on its knees saturday when I found a couple of damp patches. If that had been a mounted drill he'd have got through it no problems

Vaderstad's are a completely different breed of drill Sean, they are designed to be used at high ground speeds where combinations and the like wouldn't be able to function. I usually operate it at 12-15kph, 7-10kph would be about max for a combination about here

Nevermind the plough, look at the job the Vaderstad is making of the ploughed ground!! Brilliant job (in the right conditions!). Even the little ones take some pulling mind. I demo'd one on a 7840. . .. good job I was only drilling OSR as if it was loaded up with wheat I wouldn't have got the thing to budge!

Sean are you forgetting the Tive drills, the Nordstens, the Parmiters. . ..  ;)