At work with Gav

Gav836

It's a whole new leg thats needed John, can't get just feet for them as its a one piece item. Boss did say that it was only a matter of time before one gave way. Just worried about it getting jammed in the de-stoner if we can't find it, can do without another web breaking

It's a whole new leg thats needed John, can't get just feet for them as its a one piece item. Boss did say that it was only a matter of time before one gave way. Just worried about it getting jammed in the de-stoner if we can't find it, can do without another web breaking

better hope you find it bed forming eh gav?

nice pictures  ;)

at the depth you have that in i don't think the destoner will find it ha ha!. nice to know you have rocks somewhere down there, i'll send you some more if you want

Oh and those seagulls

Shotgun required

Great pics Gavvers... you do keep a straight line mate I'll give you that for sure  :o

i think even gav will agree that when yer tracking in from whats effectively an 18 - 24 furrow even you could keep them straight marky  :D :D

i think even gav will agree that when yer tracking in from whats effectively an 18 - 24 furrow even you could keep them straight marky  :D :D

Don't count on it as if the ridger hits a tight patch it will still pull you about.

at the depth you have that in i don't think the destoner will find it ha ha!. nice to know you have rocks somewhere down there, i'll send you some more if you want

Oh and those seagulls

Shotgun required

Don't count on it Ricky, the de-stoner runs in as deep as I sub-soil the fields, 15-17 inches. Bed formed that bit today and no sign of it

i used to run in with the bedformer on markers,do 5 fresh beds then come back in to the 'filler' rows & work across the field so sort of got a pattern of a new bed down the field & & filler back up , worked well although sideling work really tested my patience , as the machine wants to crab down while trying to keep a decent bed for the destoner to follow , you usually end up with some quite narrow beds !

i also used to have a 400 litre front tank to inject liquid fert whilst bedtilling/forming although , have also had the tank on the planter as well , very much depended who i was working for at the time as to what system was used.

sorry gav off mumbling again  ::)

whats your system gav ?

Well I'm back on the markers now so just either start against the straight hedge or with a straight one across the field and work my way across, will do a few runs then go back through them although I've stopped doing them twice at the minute after I was asked if I was recreational cultivating by the boss as he didn't see any reason why I was doing them twice ::) ::)

Thanks Baz. If the stones is removed completely it will ruin the soil structure for the future, just put them inbetween the beds where they can get spread out again during cultivations after the potato crop is removed.

Thanks Baz. If the stones is removed completely it will ruin the soil structure for the future, just put them inbetween the beds where they can get spread out again during cultivations after the potato crop is removed.

yes and you'd need alot of trailer carting away ha ha!

Heres a few pictures from this week, bed tilling headlands in front of the de-stoner

DSCN0742.jpg

DSCN0743.jpg

Speed at top and pto speed

DSCN0741.jpg

Had to top some left over kale on a potato field, started with our topper but burnt out the slip clutch so we borrowed Rod's (6600 owner/driver) flail mower, done a hell of a job to it

DSCN0745.jpg

Before

DSCN0752.jpg

After

DSCN0753.jpg

Now just to annoy Blake ;D a few of the Axion 820, will get some more tomorrow ;)

DSCN0757.jpg

DSCN0758.jpg

Armrest with transmission controller (little stick), spool controls (big stick and two switches) along with hitch and engine management controls

DSCN0756.jpg

Dash console with engine revs and ground speed read outs

DSCN0755.jpg

CEBIS computer giving speed readouts and tractor performance monitoring

DSCN0754.jpg

At last a PROPER tractor!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shes mitey  ;D ;D More pics and video  ;D ;D ::)

So whats the verdict ??? She bought yet?  :D

Pics and video will come tomorrow ;)

Well I've only had it for an hour today but so far I'm very impressed..........I WANT ONE!! :D :D

nice tractor ..the universal hobbies ones are spot on looking at yours

I thought Wiking made the Axion......... ::):D

just seen these pics on your face book page very nice mate  has it got all the suspension 

Yeah it has, full cab, front axle and lift arm suspension. Still think its the best conventional tractor suspension on the market

i liked driving  the 836  when i was working for the contractor nice and comfatable when you got used to it  never been on a class though i looked at them before we bought our valtra but they were £20,000 more