At work with Gav

Gav836

6920s died Sunday morning, was repaired yesterday morning, broke down again yesterday afternoon and was sorted again then same old problems again this morning so had to have them out again, its been in use this afternoon with someone else driving as I've had a JD 7830 out on loan all day today so will see what the 69 does in the morning ::)

mm more nails in the coffin then mate, best get that boss of yours out looking in the market for a replacement eh

Well its injector pump problems, if it does play up in the morning then it'll be having a new pump fitted, changed all the less expensive bits now. We are getting prices for a new JD tractor at the minute just out of interest more than to change it this year

Not really comparing the two as it wasn't on demo to us just as a loaner while mine was down. Axion was nicer in some ways in the cab but hard to compare due to different transmissions. Buster liked the passenger seat in the 7830 though, soon had himself perched up on it ;D ;D

if he is going for a 74 why not just try and get a 75. if you haggle or threaten to buy a different brand i am sure they will give a better deal thats what we did with the 6830 and got a bells and whistle one for a very good price. what tractor will be getting traded in.

if he is going for a 74 why not just try and get a 75. if you haggle or threaten to buy a different brand i am sure they will give a better deal thats what we did with the 6830 and got a bells and whistle one for a very good price. what tractor will be getting traded in.

A 7530 is too big for what we want it for really, a 7430 is about right, another 40hp on top of existing on some of the kit we have would rip it to pieces. We will be looking into what to do carefully brand wise and price wise. 6920s will be going, its cost £13 per clock hour in repairs in the past year which is ridiculous

Been speaking to someone today about the possibility of trying a New Holland T7030 AutoCommand and should be getting a phone call about a MF 7485 or 7490 in the morning too, might as well try other brands as both those two brands are gaining popularity locally

I dread to think what the true cost of ownership of the 6920s is for the past 12 months with depreciation, labour and diesel into the equation as well :of

Certainly is

In the next six months we should now be having 4 tractors on demo:

JD 7430

NH T7030

MF 7485

Case Puma CVX 165

Will of course get pictures as and when we do, Case and MF are making big inroads locally, two estates that were green for as long as anyone can remember have gone to MF and our neighbour went from Fendt to Case and is more than happy with them