At work with Gav

Gav836

Excellent pictures Gav........Nice 7840 isn't she........Do you know what model the Agrotron was mate?

Cheers Mart, think its a 130, not too sure on that though as I( wasn't paying much attention to it :-\

so gav, what was it like to be back behind the wheel of a tractor again mate, did you miss it ????? or have you wondered why am i doing thise again then??

I enjoyed it Sean although I did wonder why I was doing it while I was under the baler replacing a lost string with dust dropping down my neck ::) ::)  I'll happily do some baling for them all summer though, makes a change from making models :D :D

as long as you enjoyed it thats the main thing,you wouldnt go back to full time farming then??

No, I don't think I would want to anymore. Ever since I was made redundant last autumn it just doesn't hold ther same appeal to me :-\

Nice photo's Gav keep'em coming. Why the mounted wrapper, any particular reason you know of? Don't see to many that is why I wondered. Love the camera over the knotters as well, snazzy  8)

Thanks Tris :)

Its the same guy with the Mchale pictured elsewhere, he has 4 wrappers, 3 of which are mounted and just the one 998, comes down to cost at the end of the day I should thing. That camera came in handy yesterday as I could see a string was missing from the bales before the sensor picked up on it properly. Its the older of the two balers but has the better camera (the other is b&w and past it) and seems to have less problems than the newer one with knotters

Nice photo's Gav keep'em coming. Why the mounted wrapper, any particular reason you know of? Don't see to many that is why I wondered. Love the camera over the knotters as well, snazzy  8)

There's a lad near here who has an old Elho mounted wrapper on the back of a John Deere with SG2 cab........Is the only one I can think of around me........

Today I have been baling straw for most of the day, had to stack some bales up tonight as well as my stacking man had to go early. No pictures of the baling but heres some of the stacking :)

P7270078.jpg

P7270079.jpg

P7270080.jpg

P7270081.jpg

P7270082.jpg

They're great pics, Gav... and now I can see why this type of tractor is so popular. That telescopic bit must make life so much easier for stacking - and do they tow as well as traditional tractors ???

Thanks Mandy, its great for stacking although we do now have a "chaser"/self loading wagon as well. What you see there is illegal if I set a tyre on the public highway, they will tow but that one is only rated for a 10 ton trailer, heats the transmission up alot as well. You aren't supposed to tow articulated trailers on the road with them so I was told ::) ::)

Any artic trailer like that is banned over here - I know a fella near us was stopped by the guards and told in no uncertain terms that if they saw him with the trailer again in its current format that both it and the tractor would be impounded :(

Any artic trailer like that is banned over here - I know a fella near us was stopped by the guards and told in no uncertain terms that if they saw him with the trailer again in its current format that both it and the tractor would be impounded :(

Thats our little artic trailer as well at only 35 feet long, the other is a 40 footer which I did have to tow down the road to stop the kids torching the bales on the field I baled before that one, boy did the JCB know it had that behind it ::);D:D :D

Thanks Mandy, its great for stacking although we do now have a "chaser"/self loading wagon as well. What you see there is illegal if I set a tyre on the public highway, they will tow but that one is only rated for a 10 ton trailer, heats the transmission up alot as well. You aren't supposed to tow articulated trailers on the road with them so I was told ::) ::)

is the max for telehandlers around 10 ton  :-\

nice pics gav, why do you stack them up like that in the field first ?? before laoding them ont the trailer, ,i have only seen them stacked like that when they use those big pile trailers, like the older cooks ones

To stop that wet stuff that comes out the sky getting them all wet?

To stop that wet stuff that comes out the sky getting them all wet?

As Jez says but we do also have an ECE bale carrier which is like an old cooks one that has been on steroids, will pick up that whole stack :);)