At work with Gav

Gav836

A few of our remaining fatteners and one of our bulls in solitary after finishing his job with the cows, his name is Balmoral, we have two more bulls beside him as well :)

post-334-132638827662_thumb.jpg

post-334-132638827676_thumb.jpg

BLimey, no one down here on spring barley yet. Most are still on rape as the showers we are having isn't hurting it. Straw stemmed crops are on hold for the minute though. Are you cultivating at 90deg to the tramlines or were the pics on the headland? Poor old Deere, nurse her gently Gav  :'( ;)

We shouldn't be cutting it either, apparently what the neighbour called our boss out of his ear shot for doing so is unrepeatable :o:D :D

Well spotted, I was doing it at 90 degrees to the tramlines and it was bleeding rough, I'm rather sore around the waist area today from doing so. Colleague should be doing the cultivating tomorrow if it stays dry while I start drilling the stubble turnips on what I pulled up yesterday

BLimey, no one down here on spring barley yet. Most are still on rape as the showers we are having isn't hurting it. Straw stemmed crops are on hold for the minute though. Are you cultivating at 90deg to the tramlines or were the pics on the headland? Poor old Deere, nurse her gently Gav  :'( ;)

little bit of spring barley done down here now  but only a few bits, up in mid/north devon, know its spring as we were proving the job when it was planted, and it was harvested the other day when we went past

so the deere getting worse then mate, are they all genunine problems do you think, or just a computer glitch/werid displays but no actuall fault

Well the latest one seems to be a wierd one as it was consistantly showing up all yesterday but here's no trace of it today and the offending sensor is behaving itself, we've put it down to the excessively rough travelling with the Terra disc

does seem  strange, makes you wonder how many of the faults are real i guess, or just bogus computer ones, however if the baler and that one combined is making the farm feel like getting rid i guess they must have had enough of them as a whole, so will it be a full fleet swap, combine the lot?? or just the problem kit and nothing else

Its one of those whose to say situations, once that the baler is sorted I'm sure that it will put in many more years service as will the combine, personal opinion though is that it will be the 6920s and 6420s that get changed, possibly the 6810 but as thats never been any trouble I doubt it'll go

Today I have had the 6920s on the Vaderstad drilling 'Swift' Forage rape/kale hybrid into some of the land that I Terra Disced earlier in the week. This will be grazed on by the cattle over winter. Not too many pics I'm afraid as we were hit by torrential rain after a little while.

Anyway view to the front and back :)

post-334-132638830179_thumb.jpg

post-334-13263883019_thumb.jpg

Surely you can do more then 9k with that vaderstad gav we always used to drill at 16+k with our old 4m rapid and partners were anything up to 18k or is that deere to weak to pull :D :D

But great pics mate

You try drilling at 90 degrees to the previous crop on a very rough field that has only been terra disced at more than 10 kph and then pass comment, besides with only 10ha of them to put in why rush, speed isn't everything ;)

I see rain on the window Gav, how did the box drill behave in thr sticky soil?

Ol I know exactly what you mean, the 7530 doesn't seem so bad but my old 6900 was awful. The cab is set too far back as it is and then they go and stick a buddy seat in the door opening  ::)

It was still going ok until the monsoon hit Tris, I'd guess that it dropped 10-15mm on us within 30 mins, I had to go out in it to fold up eradicator tines, metering wheel, discs and clod boards so I could get back to the yard, I was soaked through within 5 mins :(

It was still going ok until the monsoon hit Tris, I'd guess that it dropped 10-15mm on us within 30 mins, I had to go out in it to fold up eradicator tines, metering wheel, discs and clod boards so I could get back to the yard, I was soaked through within 5 mins :(

once it starts to come down it certainly draws a different line of events for the day gav , always the same just as you get going , all rained off, shame looks like the going was good  :)

It was good going mate, would have liked to have got that block in yesterday so we could have cleaned out ready for doing the turnips, still raining this morning and should do tomorrow as well so guess I won't be back on there any time soon.

Wish he'd got the blue dyed seed though so I could find it in the ground, just have to check its drilling at the end of the field and hope for the best ::)