Double Cab Pick-up

AndyB

I like the Ranger double cab idea as I have one myself. As for a Mitsubishi L200 are they not the most butt ugly looking double cab pick ups on the road since they had the face lift. Who designed the new look, was it a five year old kid with his crayons ? 

I originally thought that, but it has grown on me to be honest and my uncle has his new one delivered on Monday, swapping in his Navara. Over the last 8 or so years my Dad and uncle have mainly run Navara's double cabs (about 5 in total I think), on the family marquee hire business and you cannot beat them in my opinion. My Dad sold his Hilux double after a year, though a good, strong truck, just had a lot less 'grunt' than the Navara's, so he has since chopped that in for an Amazon, which though not a pick-up, is still a bit of a tank. They also currently run a S reg Mits L200 single cab truck, which is also pretty powerful, though the lock isn't too good, a Defender 110 high capacity, which is just a beast. Think that's all of them, but of all of them, the Nissan's have to have been the best, alongside the various defenders.  ;)

• 3 months later...

britains should release a double cab pick up as the last 4x4 they released was the 90 pick up with ifor canopy and that must be nearly a year a go surely they could easily do a 110,a ranger or a mazda as all of these marques are part of ford.

but wont be much chance of this as they havent even brought out a new shape freelander yet.

Sorry complaint over!

britains should release a double cab pick up as the last 4x4 they released was the 90 pick up with ifor canopy and that must be nearly a year a go surely they could easily do a 110,a ranger or a mazda as all of these marques are part of ford.

but wont be much chance of this as they havent even brought out a new shape freelander yet.

Sorry complaint over!

a double cab pick up would be nice, but they are bringing out a land rover defender 90 hard top estate (as seen in diecast collector july issue)

I saw a new style Ford Ranger 4x4 double cab pick up in an orange finish in 1:36th scale on eBay the other day. Was listed as item 180132930667. Sorry I can't post up direct links here  :( Might look good in a diorama lay out for someone  ;D

To do that just highlight the link - hit Control and C and then go to here and hit Control and V  ;)

i got this off a market stall at great yarmouth last weekend. its a diecast metal kit made by maisto.com , its 1:31 scale, easy to put together, front doors open, good interior detail with a choice of alloy or chrome wheels but is left hand drive. 

post-790-132638619343_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...

PLEASE britains can you read this section like siku do in there section ,can you please think about a

110 double cab TD5 xs with canvas ( as seen in deerest's smart 90 landy defender topic)  canopy and towbar as I'm getting a bit fed up of 90 inch series defenders.  P.S (the 90 with ifor canopy is a great model I think).

nissan all the way my mates dads got one its the bomb goes any were with anything!!!

I'd be happy with any 1/32 double cab mate as I think it's well overdue now. I just thought that there might be a chance of a 110 being made by britains as they have the licence. Dont know of any model manufacturers who make nissan models but maybe saico might bring out a mitsi L200 as they make a shogun swb. wishful thinking though really  :)

• 5 weeks later...

A Defender double cab with canvas would be a very useful model to tow horse box, trailers and other  implements and easy to RC2 due that they can use the front side (and part of the rear) of this meccano vehicle. Despite I prefer that they do a 110 SW.

Any new regarding a new Land Rover model (or recolour) in 2008 Britains range?

My fathers Landcruser would be the real deal da bought it new in 1995 it has never i repeat never got stuck! It is a short wheel base version and was one of only 6 sold new in Ireland! It has an up dated 3 litre turbo charged BMW engine (so i believe) and a also an improved gearbox. the biggest tractor we ever towed behind it was a DB 1690 which weighs about 7 ton.

The only work that was done on it is a new radiator jue to a stone flickerd from a truck in front and when trough the grill and trough the radiator! also break pads changed and thats it besides the usual services.

My fathers Landcruser would be the real deal da bought it new in 1995 it has never i repeat never got stuck! It is a short wheel base version and was one of only 6 sold new in Ireland! It has an up dated 3 litre turbo charged BMW engine (so i believe) and a also an improved gearbox. the biggest tractor we ever towed behind it was a DB 1690 which weighs about 7 ton.

The only work that was done on it is a new radiator jue to a stone flickerd from a truck in front and when trough the grill and trough the radiator! also break pads changed and thats it besides the usual services.

Sounds interesting James, have you any photos?