The daily dog walking expedition .....

farmernick06

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or is it a Balfour Beatty job  ;)???

Thanks Will, Nah not on the railway this one it's in the middle of the field with metal fences around theres alot of pipes and everything like that so yeah i assumed that it is a Balfour Beatty job. The guy next door works for them so i'll ask, didn't get any pictures of it again today because ... well you'll see later * the whole of FTF sighs at the promise of yet more photos *  :D;) But you might like these  :)

Well coming home from school i saw some more happenings at yesterdays destination so thought i would check it out and was quite shocked yet amazed  :o The first Ford i've properly seen before and i have fallen in love with the Manitou.

The first two are of the Manitou just backing up from the Ford after dropping a load about 1 min too late really  ;)

post-770-132638589293_thumb.jpg

post-770-132638589296_thumb.jpg

Um some more of the Manitou with the seed bag ( Again Mart can you help me, i wouldn't really call them seeds  :-\ I don't know the proper term  :D ) And the farmer was really nice today very understanding and told me all about the soils and other machinery around the area and all stuff like that  :)

post-770-132638589312_thumb.jpg

post-770-132638589316_thumb.jpg

He said he would let me in the cab but there is hardly any room for passengers, he also said if he was offered a brand new John Deere Massey Ferguson he would always choose his old Ford as he loves the feel of actually doing the job and is sick to death with all the computers in the cabs  :-\ :)

Loading the tatties back up  ;)

post-770-132638589345_thumb.jpg

post-770-132638589349_thumb.jpg

ya never know till you ask nick

Yeah well he said come up tomorrow for a ride in the Valtra so i'll ask him then, what shall i say?  ;):D But they have a farm behind the farm shop and it would be brilliant to work there  :-\ But they probably wont need me but i shall ask

Nice pics again mate......Love that wee 4610...... :)

Interesting way of loading tatties too......Looks to me like the seed tatties are being loaded into the small hopper on the planter and then dropped into the ground......Never knew they did tatties in bulk bags as well as boxes...... :)

I would definitely ask mate......No harm in doing so......There's always something to do around the farm yard even if it is tidying up etc...... :);)