The daily dog walking expedition .....

farmernick06

It's definitely a Rota-Tiller Ben just not 100% sure if it's actually making the beds......I'm sure Nick will be able to enlighten us...... :) :) :);)

theres some discs on the front and area is flat to the right of the tractor in the pic so no pre-formed beds, maybe its not for tatties but maybe some other crop or fruit ???:-\ :-\

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good pics again mate......The John Deere Looks like perhaps a 6320 or 6420...... :)

The implement on the other hand I'm not 100% sure about...... :o

If it was making the beds it certainly would be a bed-former and it looks to have some sort of rotor blades fitted too...... :)

I'd keep my eyes peeled on that field mate as it may well not be tatties getting put in there, perhaps carrots or parsnips if they're done round your way......If not then it may well just be a different way of constructing the tattie beds I'm not used to...... ;)

Oh yeah forgot to mention definetly a 6320 .. my mistake  ;)

It's an odd one isn't it, i just assumed tatties but could be anything. Barkers do alot of salad packing and all kind of stuff, just behind that they've got some rhubarb. So i'll keep you posted  ;)

Cheers Ben, i think i may have to do that what trailer do you want measured? 1st version or second?

And thanks Tris, it's my interest anyway and i like taking photos so thought i'd get them up, although too many in places :D And im looking for a farm job in the area so im trying to get around a know a few drivers and all little bits, show im enthuasiastic and willing to learn but not much luck so far  :-X:-\

And yeah Mart, it was making the beds fresh from the Kuhn rotorvator i posted up a while back, not seen anything down there recently

Definitely a Bed-Former with Rota-Tiller then Nick...... :)

I'll be interested to hear what they do put in there...... ;)

That's the best way though - if you just keep your foot in with the local lads then if something crops up (pardon the pun  :D :D ;) ;)) they'll know you're interested...... :)

It certainly worked for me so best of Luck...... ;)

both if you get a chance???

Think its for a salad crop. What do you cover in the poly??

I'll try mate, and im not quite sure but the guy with the Valtra said with anything grown like that in a bed or so on it's just so it warms up the crop and you can start harvest about 2-3 weeks earlier  :-\

At the minute mate age is against you but keep up the presence, it'll pay dividends in the end.

Yeah Tris, it is really i know Barkers only employ you if you can't speak English or like the tractor drivers up  ::)

The guy with the Valtra said the same thing, that it is a bit tricky at my age followed by an awkward silence  :D

And the other farm really close is Glovers who employ alot and i mean alot of teenagers, mainly tractor driving all with Valtras aswell and general labour and stuff but i tried there and the waiting list is unbelievable  :-\

OK got back a bit late tonight, fell asleep round my Nan's  :-[:-[ But went over the field and nothing in our mystery field unfortunatetly, there was however in the other field an old John Deere 2650 with a small one axled trailer, don't have a clue what was in it. Two foreigners didn't look too pleased with me there so the photos are from a distance only two though and then i fled  :D

post-770-132638590843_thumb.jpg

post-770-132638590847_thumb.jpg

And i paced this simple trailer out for you Ben, around 16ft? If thats any help i would of got more with the tape measure but those guys where just over the other side of the field and the more complex pipe trailer was even closer. I'll get some more tomorrow for you Ben  ;)

post-770-132638590851_thumb.jpg

post-770-132638590854_thumb.jpg

Some great pics there Nick... so come on man... we are all dying to know what is being grown in those beds... my bet is on fancy leaf lettuce  ;)

Thanks Marky, and i know it's a weird one. Im dying to know  :D I'll be keeping my eye on that field and keep you all posted  ;)

Thanks Marky, and i know it's a weird one. Im dying to know  :D I'll be keeping my eye on that field and keep you all posted  ;)

long shot i know, but it wouldnt be strawberrys would it,i noticed the pick your own has sheets down like that now where they usally plant there years crops??

cheers Nick, no rush!!

prob had his furniture or family in the box so didnt want you taking pics :D :D :D::)

Spat my Tango out for that one Ben  :D :D :D It's just they start speaking in their language as soon as you come near  >:( >:( And they give you that dodgy look even when i didn't have the camera out  :-\

And Sean i really have no clue mate, might be  :-\ Although theres a big pick your own down the road  :-\ :-\ Could be though :-\

OK well im off to France tomorrow and this topic will finish off with a bang ... until next week  :D :D

Today was weird i had to go to A&E with my Mum after she cracked her skull ( the Dr. thinks ) after slipping on the kitchen tiles and hitting her head on the stone step  :-\ But she fell asleep so popped over the field for a quick check up on our mystery field but found this instead.

Was quite amazed when i saw it ... however didn't get any pictures of it in action but as soon as i got there he had just finished but we got talking and i was aloud in the cab while he sucked out all the spare seeds. He taught me all of the controls and buttons so it was brilliant and i listened to the Man U game ... but the camera was on charge  >:( >:(>:( >:(

But here he is loading up the drill onto the low loader  ;) This may take a while  :D

post-770-132638591691_thumb.jpg

post-770-132638591695_thumb.jpg