spearhead 590 excel

sparrow legs

heres my latest implement, traded my bomford and a trailer in and got this little gem, its 7 years old but like new, one small farm since new, 5.9meter reach, joystick control and 3point linkage attachment. i think it suits my tractor well ;D

last pics shows it parked next to the tractor my dad flails with (jd 7810 and 5.4m bomford)

post-194-132638574538_thumb.jpg

post-194-132638574542_thumb.jpg

Very nice! I just love that tractor and have found a similar one (3050) locally, just need to work on my Dad as he's never had green on the farm and would rather keep the fleet red.  >:( :'( :'(

heres my latest implement, traded my bomford and a trailer in and got this little gem, its 7 years old but like new, one small farm since new, 5.9meter reach, joystick control and 3point linkage attachment. i think it suits my tractor well ;D

last pics shows it parked next to the tractor my dad flails with (jd 7810 and 5.4m bomford)

Whats the other beast next to her?

oh deere, oh deere,oh deere :-\

Very Very nice Mike.... I like the tractor and the new cutter... both of them look to be in tip top condition.... you must spend hours keeping that JD in that shape mate... what a credit to you... I just love to see well looked after kit... whatever the make  ;)

Very nice indeed Mike that tractor is a peach you weren't joking the other day when you said it was tider than that 3050  :o got any pics of inside the cab please like the chunky tryes aswell how many hours she done  :)

the way i look at it is i cant aford ?30k for a new tractor so i bought this gem and painted her up, she is 25 years old, about 7000hrs and still earns a good days work, simon, the cab is worn inside, no clading to the rear, sides, dash ok , rest now removed, just ordered some rubber "boots" that go either side of the seat were the lift arms go into at full lift.

i got the tractor 4 years ago (4951hrs) , it was smart but bonnet was rusty in places, was re painted by a car finisher last year (110% job) and the chassie, cab, back end, wheels were hand painted. the tractor is kept in tip top condition, any thing fails its put right, no matter the cost :o

its had new tyres all round, fronts perished and were replaced, rears were swapped for new goodyears (part worn ones were put on my duel wheels) standard tyres are 16.9/r38 but this is on 18.4r/38 (fit front flotations when on land work, power harrowing (4m) and drilling)

the tactor has been drove by many drivers were i hire it out but now with the new flail it is now going to be owner driver only (me) just had it on a dyno and its putting 96hp out, was only rated at 90hp when new :o

Fair shout Mike on that. It isn't a case of doing it cheaper, it's a case of doing it well and I dare say from what you've said thats your logic. Nice outfit, regardless of the cost. When you see these contractors aruond with their big shiney gear it is easy tio think thats what you need to do the job. I bet half the gear we all see isn't actually owned by the operator though. Lloyds TSB Contracting, Barcleys Contracting. . ...  :D

• 3 weeks later...