World Record attempt - Cooley, August 5th 2007.

SPN

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bit late Stan  ;D ;D

http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=13346.0

Not only will they get 2140, they will all be pre-1977!

We will show ye how's it done properly and according to the rules - no mickey mouse lawnmowers or local contractors brininging in 07 plates with us - oh no all proper pre 1977 gear here  ;)

Will definetly try and get there as a spectator (hint hint will NEED a tractor to drive then  :D) - otherwise might the 3000 up but wouldn't fancy driving her up all the way up to Louth with her dodgy brakes and I value my ears more  :D :D

I've been to Cooley, nearly every year since i was no height!!!

Its excellent and definately worth a day out!!!

Would it not be a good venue for some of the Farm Toys sellers to attend?

The next model show im aware of is in November  >:( would be nice to see/buy some models/conversations at Cooley.

Noel

I've been to Cooley, nearly every year since i was no height!!!

Its excellent and definately worth a day out!!!

Would it not be a good venue for some of the Farm Toys sellers to attend?

The next model show im aware of is in November  >:( would be nice to see/buy some models/conversations at Cooley.

Noel

I am pretty sure Noel there will be plenty on display and some on show at Fingal Rally the weekend before Cooley ;)

because its a vintage tractor working day, all tractors must be registered pre 1977.

see the irish like a challenge, but this is a real challenge getting over 2140 vintage tractors with implements!!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

The last time they did it in Cooley (and I stayed at home that morning - to my shame  :-[ ), they had 800 tractors registered on the Saturday.

They didn't bargain for the 1000 that just happened to turn up on the Sunday morning.

This time out it will be properly organised!  ;)

I have three lowloaders organised already - now all I need are the tractors to fill them with!  :)

The last time they did it in Cooley (and I stayed at home that morning - to my shame  :-[ ), they had 800 tractors registered on the Saturday.

They didn't bargain for the 1000 that just happened to turn up on the Sunday morning.

This time out it will be properly organised!  ;)

I have three lowloaders organised already - now all I need are the tractors to fill them with!  :)

;D ;D ;D ;D

I don't think it will be much harder to be honest all we need is 300 more tractors - try and get all the ones from last time and then think of all the new ones that have gone into this category such as 5000's and 6600's - should be readily achievable if the weather obliges ;)

er, 650, more because some will break down

Think of those 1884s etc that you'll be missing out on, you could totally demolish the record if you opened it up a bit :)

The record is for vintage tractors - over 30 years of age. Every Major, Dexta, 2/3/4/5/7000, 35, 65, 135, 148, 165, 168, 175, 178, 185 and 188 that is still in working order will be there. Other models we can expect to see are the 770, 780, 880, 885, 990, 995, 996, 1200, 1210, 1212, 1410, 1412, 384, 270, B414, 454, 574, 674, Zetor, Ursus, Universal, Belarus and - the daddy of them all - the TE20.

Lots of TE20s!

The record is for vintage tractors - over 30 years of age. Every Major, Dexta, 2/3/4/5/7000, 35, 65, 135, 148, 165, 168, 175, 178, 185 and 188 that is still in working order will be there. Other models we can expect to see are the 770, 780, 880, 885, 990, 995, 996, 1200, 1210, 1212, 1410, 1412, 384, 270, B414, 454, 574, 674, Zetor, Ursus, Universal, Belarus and - the daddy of them all - the TE20.

Lots of TE20s!

Shame on you Stan... you forgot the little 130... and the clonking great 1080 and 1100  ;):D