World Record attempt - Cooley, August 5th 2007.

SPN

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

A friend of mine and also a FTF'r is the officail adjudicator for this event - he says that the barley has been cut and the plan is that it is still going ahead despite the bad weather and Fingal being cancelled ;D

right, who's going?

I will be there weather permitting!!!

Noel

I'll be there too with my father unless the weather is too good and we are at hay or silage ;) - looks like an early start for us get the bus at 6 so be up before 5  :o and prob not home till at least 12 :o

Only think is now the weather might just be too good for it :(

A friend of mine and also a FTF'r is the officail adjudicator for this event - he says that the barley has been cut and the plan is that it is still going ahead despite the bad weather and Fingal being cancelled ;D

Yep. Me! I will be one of the adjudicators on the day! I think there will be three in total...

nash, its been a year or two since i've been there.

What would be a good time to be there on Sunday?

Not too sure Noel as this is my first time going there - I guess as early as possible due to the sheer volume of stuff that will be there ;)

Get there early! I'm aiming to be there for 9am.

The crowds will be massive (although the late start to the harvest might dampen things a bit), and there are only two roads onto the peninsula.

The site is somewhere on the road between Rockmarshall and Carlingford on this map.

Cooley.gif

I'll be heading up to the smoke on Saturday night, and up to El Paso on Sunday morning. The traffic into Dublin will be brutal with people heading up for the Waterford & West Waterford replay, and the North Waterford vs East Waterford bloodbath.

I'll be heading up to the smoke on Saturday night, and up to El Paso on Sunday morning. The traffic into Dublin will be brutal with people heading up for the Waterford & West Waterford replay, and the North Waterford vs East Waterford bloodbath.

Good idea - at least once we get to Dubland its motorway the whole way after that ;)

Well Guys it has been doen 2785 Tractors in One field, so they doen it a new world record

well will get Photos up once my on the spot reporter returns yes thats you Stan

thats EXCELLENT news!!!

Was there many people there? i was intending to go, but its been lashing down here most of the day!

PS - Was there any stalls there selling UH Models?

sorry guys my mistake it was in fact it was  4751 i was in a world of my own sorry to give you the incorrect information.

Well no one was there selling UH i was not there either due to Holidays but i am going to have a large stock in Cork in the Show in September if your interested

hi all when i was there at around 3 it give out there was over 4,000 tractors and they were still coming and noel there was 3 stalls selling UH toys that i seen and it was a mud bath ankle deep even seen a girl going up to the field in high heels boy was  she in for a shock have some pics of a few tractors will put up later

My dad was there at 10 this morning and he said it was unbelivable! A real MUD BATH and driving rain, though he was wearing his usual famers waterproofs with his russian style hat ha ha!  :D

Looking forward to seeing the pics Martin.

Cheers

Noel