A few pics from last harvest/autumn

Gav836

Found all these on a disc my mate gave me. All were taken during harvest last year. The first four were called by us "it'll be fit when we get to it" as the barley was no where near fit but we were told to have it anyway ::)

Ady026.jpg

Ady027.jpg

Ady028.jpg

Ady029.jpg

A couple of our old 460 and the then bosses Fathers 460 in wheat and then beans

Ady013.jpg

Ady024.jpg

A challenger had on demo by them last Autumn after I'd gone

Ady002.jpg

The combine was a demonstrator, we were less than impressed with it, horrendous fuel consumption compared to the 460 which done 10am till 12 am on 400 litres of diesel, the JD done from 3.30pm till 12 am on 450 litres :o :o The dealer wasn't impressed when we told him we'd ran out of coal to put in it, said something about a possible intercooler fault :-\

must have had something wrong with it, havnt ever seen a jd smoke like that unless its on the proffi site ablaze in the disatster bit

Or McMad has beeen near it ::):D :D :D :D

We did hear of an intercooler blowing up on one locally around that time last year

Thx Gav great pics mate

yea i have never seen  a jd somke like that either unless it was like the 9750 sts my inlaws had  a few years ago which i drove all year had a bad speed sensor and would  slow engine down then pick back up and boy did that smoke roll out of that

Nick

when you get something on demo and it go's rong it do dont give you much confidence on whats on demo :(

Thats exactly what we were saying before they picked it up and on the cb's while we had it there, the question we asked each other was "why would you bring a machine to someone who could be customer if its faulty?" As it is locally JD combines have a bad reputation and the tractors are not helping matters

Thats exactly what we were saying before they picked it up and on the cb's while we had it there, the question we asked each other was "why would you bring a machine to someone who could be customer if its faulty?" As it is locally JD combines have a bad reputation and the tractors are not helping matters

strange you should say that gav, my unclwe works for a jd dealer(pj tuckwells at worlingwoth) been there since he left school, and he said last vist i made, they wernt selling half as much as they used to, maily due to problems with reliaillity?? how true that is i dont know, but i guess he should know,

strange you should say that gav, my unclwe works for a jd dealer(pj tuckwells at worlingwoth) been there since he left school, and he said last vist i made, they wernt selling half as much as they used to, maily due to problems with reliaillity?? how true that is i dont know, but i guess he should know,

I don't know how general it is but about here the 20 series have done a lot to damage JD's reputation for reliability, the 7*20 series have had gearbox faults and the 6*20 series have had engine problems amongst other things so I don't doubt it :-\

Good pictures mate got to love the old 400's :-*  Why are the grain tank lids shut in one of the pictures or is he on headland run with low trees ???

I dont know of a JD 7*20 that hasnt had something major go wrong with it so not a well liked range so could see JD falling down the ranks which i wont moan about :D

Good pictures mate got to love the old 400's :-*  Why are the grain tank lids shut in one of the pictures or is he on headland run with low trees ???

I dont know of a JD 7*20 that hasnt had something major go wrong with it so not a well liked range so could see JD falling down the ranks which i wont moan about :D

A- Hes on the headland run and B- It was the old boss and knowing him he forgot to open them ::) ::):D :D :D :D

Theres a lack of fire in these pictures, you've got plenty of smoke mind you :D

How do you transport a 4m drill on the roads?

I know but we thought judging by the smoke the JD wouldn't be long before fire consumed it ::);D

The drill folds up to under 3m wide for transport making it fit down the roads easier :);)

I'm sure you will never find a range of tractors that hasn't had a serious problem. I admit that there was alot of problems, but none that havent been sorted and 9 times out of 10 they are fixed rapid. You all forget that a farmer wants his machine fixing yesterday and is not willing to wait or normally pay anything towrads a repair?

Still think that JD is the best............... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I'm sure you will never find a range of tractors that hasn't had a serious problem. I admit that there was alot of problems, but none that havent been sorted and 9 times out of 10 they are fixed rapid. You all forget that a farmer wants his machine fixing yesterday and is not willing to wait or normally pay anything towrads a repair?

Still think that JD is the best............... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I know a good doctor who should be able to help you with that problem ::);D:D :D :D :D ;)