Potato Box (Prototype)

i have built a prototype 1 tonne potato box based on mjb1 measurements that i acquired from FB

couple pic

boxmd5.jpg

boxandforktm3.jpg

made out of 2.5 mm thick Balsa wood

but i need to finds some bigger balsa for the bottom rails its a bit tight to put the forks in

also i need to find a bit lighter stain because its really to dark also i need to stain it before i put it together

but that's what prototypes are for ha ha!

what ya think

cheers

Reece

yeah individual planks takes for ever :D :D, i started one ages ago and its was not easy using a craft knife and thats how i got Marky involved. We looked at the plank style, but for the sake of some detail it was easier and quicker to make it from sheets ;D ;D ;D

That looks really great Reece... They look sooooo much better "in the plank" so to speak... mine were pants really... but I made about 350 from memory...  :'( :'( Kills your fingers  :'( :'(

Marcus's dirt idea is a corker... what better than the real thing I say  ;D

As for Balsa... have you tried spruce... it was much better to use and it was a little heavier I seem to recall  :-\ - Just a thought  :-\

They're looking good to me mate...... :);)

That looks really great Reece... They look sooooo much better "in the plank" so to speak... mine were pants really... but I made about 350 from memory...  :'( :'( Kills your fingers  :'( :'(

Marcus's dirt idea is a corker... what better than the real thing I say  ;D

As for Balsa... have you tried spruce... it was much better to use and it was a little heavier I seem to recall  :-\ - Just a thought  :-\

Not at all Marky......They look the business on my set-up...... :);)

Looks good Spud and worth the extra effort to make them plank by plank as that is the way there are done in 1:1 scale  ;)

pdh you are a dark horse more pics of your stuff please

i found it hard with my limted tools until Marky offered!! :D :D :D

love the plank version though

That looks realy good there spud, Are you going to do any to sell?

For making the single borded affect coud you just cut a sheet with a table saw wound rite down so it only just cuts?? i was just wondering

That looks realy good there spud, Are you going to do any to sell?

For making the single borded affect coud you just cut a sheet with a table saw wound rite down so it only just cuts?? i was just wondering

depends how many he wants and the time he wants them in!. trust me i have the T-Shrit! :D :D :D