1963 Nuffield 4/60

Gav836

Here's a couple of pictures of the other Nuffield we had, this was my dad's from new and had completed 6500hrs up until I sold it a couple of years ago. It had had the liners done a couple of times due to them cracking and I did rebuild the front axle on it with new king pins, bushes and bearings to get rid of the trademark Nuffield wobble :)

scan0018.jpg

scan0019.jpg

Here's a couple of pictures of the other Nuffield we had, this was my dad's from new and had completed 6500hrs up until I sold it a couple of years ago. It had had the liners done a couple of times due to them cracking and I did rebuild the front axle on it with new king pins, bushes and bearings to get rid of the trademark Nuffield wobble :)

scan0018.jpg

scan0019.jpg

Like the pictures Gav. Noticed the BMC drivers badge on the RHS grill on the second picture and brought a smile to my face since I purchased a replica badge at the Lanark show last year and just got round to fitting it to my Nuffield on Sunday.

I can relate to the the Nuffield wobble - the one bad thing about Nuffield's I would say but can be cured. One of the best things I like about the Nuffield is their speed on the road. I'm guessing they must have been one of the fastest tractors on the road in their hey day ????

Like the pictures Gav. Noticed the BMC drivers badge on the RHS grill on the second picture and brought a smile to my face since I purchased a replica badge at the Lanark show last year and just got round to fitting it to my Nuffield on Sunday.

I can relate to the the Nuffield wobble - the one bad thing about Nuffield's I would say but can be cured. One of the best things I like about the Nuffield is their speed on the road. I'm guessing they must have been one of the fastest tractors on the road in their hey day ????

I'd guess that they could well have been, I know we followed the old M3 when dad was driving it and he was doing 22mph and I know that the 4/60 is capable of it as well, drop them into 5th and they take off don't they ;D:D :D

Yes Gavin get those Nuffys into 5th and they can motor. In my younger day I remember pulling the throttle out past the notch and right back. The MPH counter at that stage started going round the clock again. I've mellowed in years and am scared of blowing the old girl up and keep the throttle up to the notch at max nowadays but I recokon that you still get about 18MPH at that position. The hour and MPH don't work anymore. I tried a new cable but that didn't work. I was speaking to a guy who used to work on them and he said it was probably the mechanism up front. I must get back with him and try and get that fixed.