Silage - Somerset - Powerstar - 2007

Powerstarâ„¢

lad i worked with once put a 2640 in that position on the pit , we had to put a chain up to the top link pin , & drag him up backwards slowly, needless to say he didn't want pit work after that so back to it i went  ::) first rule on the pit , don't be a hero  :(

yay, somerset! good pictures :)

Cheers!

Nice pictures mate......Nice to see you back online......15,000 hours on the Ford...... :o She's been busy...... :o:);)

She's also been very abused, when I first started college she was a good little tractor, but now all the farm staff have changed she's been abused. Last year at the farm me thinks. :-\

Yea back for a while now, if you'll have me!

Cheers!

She's also been very abused, when I first started college she was a good little tractor, but now all the farm staff have changed she's been abused. Last year at the farm me thinks. :-\

Yea back for a while now, if you'll have me!

The place is missing a top bloke without you Luke  ;)

Then got lumbered with this 15.000 houred Ford 7740 for a day... :-\ I wanted my TS back  :'(

Christ Luke was the 77 that bad?!!!!!  :D :D :D :D :D :D

Stunning photos in this lot too mate, nice camera work  :)

change of staff  :D :D, the sheperd andy is now a driver for MVF , he told me , the staff were made redundant , so the college could change to a NZ style farming , this is fine but cannington is to wet for a NZ system, so appointments have been made to recruit new staff to do the jobs that the old staff had just been made redundant from :D :D :D, i think the new owners , bridgwater college had a very steep learning curve themselves when they took cannington college on ., same as many new owners of established company's ,they think they know best & don't listen to the people that know  ;)

Nice pics Luke, good to see you back  :) :)

so do you guys have regular machines during the silage work or do you have to take turns doing each task etc. ??? ??? :-\

When we were doing it ourselves with the trailed machines we all had a go on whatever, but 2 of us carried on a few more days on set machines working with the contractors! And it's good to be back Holmes  ;)

Christ Luke was the 77 that bad?!!!!!  :D :D :D :D :D :D

Stunning photos in this lot too mate, nice camera work  :)

Umm pretty much! Haha, loves getting stuck in gear (not operator error, even the slightest smoothest shift jams it up) back end is whining like anything, currently has no exhaust, the back window has never been shut, and the top has like a 4ft crust of the farms TMR diet on it! inside the cab it's as messy as you like! It's on a M plate. The TS is on a 03', so no comparison really! The 77 is a guttsier tractor hauling uphills though.

change of staff  :D :D, the sheperd andy is now a driver for MVF , he told me , the staff were made redundant , so the college could change to a NZ style farming , this is fine but cannington is to wet for a NZ system, so appointments have been made to recruit new staff to do the jobs that the old staff had just been made redundant from :D :D :D, i think the new owners , bridgwater college had a very steep learning curve themselves when they took cannington college on ., same as many new owners of established company's ,they think they know best & don't listen to the people that know  ;)

Andy  >:(

Don't get me started on him, what an ass. All the new staff are so much better focused to the job and the changes have been big, and getting rid of the pigs has payed off, new parlour going in before christmas, so the college is just getting stronger and stronger really.