Silage at Stanfield

Gav836

Went out to where I used to live today as I knew they were doing some silage there, I was too late for the mower which is a Taarup 307 on an IH 955 2wd but I have managed to get some pictures of the JD 3350 on a Taarup 602b forage harvester and the 2650 on trailer duty. The 3350 has now covered 13500 hours and they are currently seeking a replacement as they are buying a larger Taarup forager. Trailers are an AS and a Norton.

Small pictures first :)

post-334-132638604287_thumb.jpg

post-334-132638604522_thumb.jpg

some of that kit looks well tired mate :)

It's getting that way now Marcus, they've had the 3350 for about 15 years and it is an F reg machine so was 2nd hand when they bought it and the 2650 is a K plate and has been there since new. I think they have had the chopper at least 10 years but the original dealer has been out of business for at least 15 years so there's no telling how old it is. The two trailers are relatively new aquisitions. It's just a small family dairy farm growing maize and grass for silage

nice pics gav, looks like a nice old norfolk farmer at work there, keeping old kit going ect, must be a rare site arround there now,old kit that is, given the wheat barrons ect all arround there,last oldie i saw was a ford 6600 bubble cab beet hoeing and that was a few years back, and thats been sold for a nh tm now last visit

I'll keep trying to catch the 955, saw it yesterday while passing a different field but couldn't stop and he'd gone by the time I came back. I would have tried tomorrow but he told me today that they aren't going to chop over the weekends anymore. The 955 is better when you can hear it as well ;D

Great pictures Gav and yeah the a 955 would be great to see. In my opinion I think it's great to see kit like that working, more so than seeing contractors do it all, just shows that their still kean if you ask me, by making the most of what they've got ;)

nice pics Gav, you had a busy day then ;):D :D

Cheers Ben, you know how it is when you haven't seen someone for a while, had to catch up on all the local gossip as well as the picture taking ;D:D :D ;)