Loading out feed barley.

Hey guys  :)

Thought I'd post up a few pictures of myself loading out grain.These silos are not often in use on many farms here now days because they take up too much space in the shed and have flat bases so there is alot of hard work to empty them and change silos.

These silos are not used every year it was just that maize grain was in one of the other out side silos so the barley had to go indoors this year.

My bosses hate this job but I enjoy abit of hard work and a too chat with the driver before you need to get in the silo.

Tractor is a John Deere 3020 with a full powershift.

post-628-13263860481_thumb.jpg

post-628-132638604906_thumb.jpg

Superb pics Ol... thanks for posting mate... That is some mean looking beast of a lorry as well  :o

Haven't ever seen a normal control Iveco, and didn't know they made one. :o    Seen loads of Scanias. Are they a re badged version of something else. I'd be interested to know any details you may have.Thanks very much. ;)

Haven't ever seen a normal control Iveco, and didn't know they made one. :o     Seen loads of Scanias. Are they a re badged version of something else. I'd be interested to know any details you may have.Thanks very much. ;)

the iveco bonnets have been running for years , more commonly sold in australia so i've heard , trucking international had quite a spread on an operator running 12 of them on tripple semi's out of queensland  :)

How much weight will he get on that truck Ol??

About 28 ton of grain Jason.The high sides on the truck can be a trap because it's hard to judge just how much you realy have on the driver told me......After we came back from the weigh bridge to unload a few tonnes into 1 ton bags.  ::) + >:(

Hey guys  :)

Thought I'd post up a few pictures of myself loading out grain.These silos are not often in use on many farms here now days because they take up too much space in the shed and have flat bases so there is alot of hard work to empty them and change silos.

These silos are not used every year it was just that maize grain was in one of the other out side silos so the barley had to go indoors this year.

My bosses hate this job but I enjoy abit of hard work and a too chat with the driver before you need to get in the silo.

Tractor is a John Deere 3020 with a full powershift.

Nice rig the "long nosed" Iveco. Don't see many long nosed lorries in Scotland other than the odd long nosed Sciania's

Nice rig the "long nosed" Iveco. Don't see many long nosed lorries in Scotland other than the odd long nosed Sciania's

You won't see any new ones on the road now either as Scania stopped making the classic T Cab model nearly 2 years ago according to a friend of mine in the haulage business  :(