Few pictures from round the farms *Updated on - 10/03/13*

Deere-est

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now that is a setup for log processing. It beats our small hilki pikka (sorry about spelling.)  We have just put in a wood burning stove and we got a 6 wheeler lorry load of logs from the forest and split them. Now they are all gone so we will have to get more i would say then it back to flat out splitting.  That Tm is nice ;)

The 6 way splitter, there is an 8 way and a 4 way aswell. Interchangeable by a spring loaded pin like a gate catch. When we put really big stuff through we use the 4 way (otherwise it jams in the 8 way) and it needs splitting down anyway so we just chuck back in the trough again and trip the ram manually.

post-227-132639065402_thumb.jpg

The week just gone I was down at a farm with 12,000 bird hen house for layers. I expect most of you have seen last years pics, this year I have been on the power hose a lot so no pics there due to the amount of water!! Here are some of me on a nodding donkey, clearing the muck away from udner the nest boxes and the veranda alongside the popholes.

post-227-132639065541_thumb.jpg

post-227-13263906556_thumb.jpg

Now that is a setup for log processing. It beats our small hilki pikka (sorry about spelling.)  We have just put in a wood burning stove and we got a 6 wheeler lorry load of logs from the forest and split them. Now they are all gone so we will have to get more i would say then it back to flat out splitting.  That Tm is nice ;)

Yeah he sure is geared up for the work alright. All being well he is having a splitter made that will split the timber in it's bought in lengths. Then it will start to dry straight away and be easier to split come the time it needs splitting. Also runs a Kuhn mower and Kuhn rake, two New Holland BR balers, an HS2000 wrapper, 2 Welgar D4000's (one being traded in for a BB940) and a New Holland BB930.

For the sharp eyed among you, have you noticed the full set of wieghts are Case wieghts on the TM155? Look better than the NH fan type I reckon.

Some nice machines there, Tris. If you're going to sell firewood, there's no point messing around with chainsaws and axes.  ;D

Sorry John a chain. ..  what? Axes? No idea John  :-???  :D

So you don't post any pics up for ages and then you comeback and post these !!!!

Fair is fair mate and I know you are busy but hiring a PHOTOGRAPHER to take pics of you working!!!!

That is just crazy!!!

So you don't post any pics up for ages and then you comeback and post these !!!!

Fair is fair mate and I know you are busy but hiring a PHOTOGRAPHER to take pics of you working!!!!

That is just crazy!!!

not quite true jez , i think your building his part up here & making him sound like he actually knows other people ............... real people & your not helping in humouring him into pretending to believe these people exist :(

truth is he's hit the timer facility by mistake as he put his stuff down in the corner  ::)

Some super pics there Trissy... it all looks like great fun too !

Do you sell the muck you take out of the sheds mate ???

Does it stink ??? - doesn't it have a strong ammonia smell ???

Do you do anything with the sawdust you make in the log business ???

Do I ask too many questions ???

Seriously... I really enjoy topics like this.... is nice to see what kit people get to play with in their day jobs.  As for burying the tow eye... I've done that recently myself... bit of a pain when it's deep down isn't it  :-\  Thanks for sharing

nice pic there trissel mate like the loggin ones jake needs a good service mate change the hyd oil and filter

as for the chicken poo dont envy you on that job mate it stinks i used to help out on a large chicken farm load the muck spreaders with a jcb 3cx  othe driver used a bobcat with breating apparatus fitted

Archived