Few pictures from round the farms *Updated on - 10/03/13*

Deere-est

Parked up near Meadow Hall, Sheffield where we offloaded the Iveco box lorry at a commercial vehicle yard. They shipped it for another man. The hill was pretty steep in all fairness so it was a fairly steady roll off the trailer, feathering the brakes in in 1st gear in case the failed and a hasty stop was needed!!

post-227-132639500218_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639500246_thumb.jpg

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Then down to Coalville where we pulled into Walker Movements, a big truck sales and exporters yard. They have 160 lorries in stock from cement mixers to car transporters, tractor units, trailers.. . and here are some of them.

post-227-132639500289_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639500326_thumb.jpg

One of their customers had bought this lovely straight ERF to have shipped back to Namibia. . . trouble is. ... the customer wanted the JCB 4CX we took up for them put inside it. Internal body width 230cm. ...  JCB. ...  240cm wide....

post-227-132639500362_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639500526_thumb.jpg

Now the problem was length/hieght.

The customer didn't want to pay two shipping fee's so we had to erm. ...  be a bit forceful!! This is not the kind of work the truck business does where as for Howards it is their bread and butter. Trouble this time was that all bills were paid and no more money was owed so neither us nor the truck company wanted to to incur to much cost to load the thing.

Anyway, it's in (and a bit out!) and on a boat now I expect.

Final stop was Oswestry where we picked up three tractors, two didn't start, one didn't steer and the other ran out of deisel while we were loading it! Here we are, me having pulled in for diesel.

post-227-132639500677_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639500709_thumb.jpg

Now for something entirely different. ...  October silage! Me roaring off down the runway at Keevil airfield. ... a parachute drop zone, Hercules practice area and Apache training airfield. .. luckily not today though!!

Mushroom clamp with about 100 acres so far.

post-227-132639500723_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639500741_thumb.jpg

That's the lot! Sorry for keeping you up.

This weeks trip will be to take a Merc Atego and Sprinter and a DAF L something to Sheerness and then stop in Cambridge to pick up some tractors form the sale there at the beginning of the month. Thursday I may be going to Cornwall pick up a tractor and some balers somewhere. They have kit everywhere!!

Trouble is with the clamp Jez is, although I enjoy doing it I would think in would be slighty boring to watch ???:-[  The pile is on an aeroplane parking pad, Ol. The ground within the perimeter fence (350ac) is split between two farmers. With it comes a lot of concrete. Ideal for clamp, bale and dung storage and for winter feeding areas.

Yeah it's an eye opener Marcus. Toolkit is a hammer, jump leads with battery, Easy Start and a screwdriver for shorting starter motors. The winch has a remote too so you can winch up a non starter while steering the machine. They have just bought a Scania P94 360. A 6x2 rear lift beaver tail with an Atlas crane. It isn't back at the yard yet but when it does they will re-floor and respray it. It means they won't have to leave stuff in yards until they have an artic load in the area to bring back.

A little sun, Bas but no heat in it. No rain for a while now, the days are colder and the sky is bright blue.

Thanks guys :)

Lovely pics Trissy... some nice MF's there too mate...

Now then.. your mission... should you choose ot accept it... I'm after the two door strap clips (and straps) from that 265 cab please mate... happy ot pay obviously  ;):P:-*

175 looks a peach... but strange to see one running on pressed steels... they never got them for the UK market to the best of my knowledge  :-\

Now the problem was length/hieght.

The customer didn't want to pay two shipping fee's so we had to erm. ...  be a bit forceful!! This is not the kind of work the truck business does where as for Howards it is their bread and butter. Trouble this time was that all bills were paid and no more money was owed so neither us nor the truck company wanted to to incur to much cost to load the thing.

Anyway, it's in (and a bit out!) and on a boat now I expect.

[glow=red,2,300]Final stop was Oswestry where we picked up three tractors,[/glow] two didn't start, one didn't steer and the other ran out of deisel while we were loading it! Here we are, me having pulled in for diesel.

well trissy you should have said i could have invited you for coffee ....did you travel through

newtown then welshpool as you would have past my house and pentons where i work

been on the lockerby chane-overs the last few nights though ::) ::)::) ::)::)

Nick, very little with David brown mate as pattern parts, donor tractors and interest in them as a 'new' machine is very low. Anything in particular you want or want to know?

Sean, your shout and I'm up for that. Friday is my clear day for other work but if I'm your way i let you know. . . And anyone else for that matter.

Oh and Nigel we came in via A5, M54, A5. The bloke was John Titt? Ex MF dealer and so say a bloody big one ???

I'll find out about the fate of that cab. Many get scrapped, doors, glass etc which is surplus tends to go to Cheffins or ebay etc.

• 2 weeks later...

The the refurbed 698 which I took to a customer near Faringdon and the new to the firm Scania 380. It has had the floor ripped out, new headboard, chassis rails, locker boxes, tyres, new floor and probably been sprayed by now too. Ex-Lister Wilder lorry no less!

post-227-132639523744_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639523756_thumb.jpg

Archived