Few pictures from round the farms *Updated on - 10/03/13*

Deere-est

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The cabs only get cut if the buyer wants it shipped via container - which is cheaper than the RoRo's as I understand it. It's a huge shame to see them like that but the buyer knows the score and it'll be welded back on when it lands wherever it is going.

The two 290's went to Dumelows as it happens, not a big place. They do similar to Howards but not on the same scale, Howards supply quite a few units for him. Nearly all of those photo's on the Dumelow website are actually taken at Howards!!  :laugh: :laugh:

Not sure on the prices, Mark but yes they sell to whoever buys basically. As for the digger, we were so engrossed in it I forgot to fill up my squash bottle with some scrumpy to bring home  :(

thanks for that link mate... some interesting MF's on that site.. I love the half cab on the 590  :of:P

yeah & that refurbed 575 with the trailer wheels on the front looks a peach  :P :P

oooohhh yes please  :P :P

Every time I see a Laverda in the yard, Colm I think of you immediately  :)

Due another visit at the farm where the Ford digger came from. . .. . I may get that cider yet!!  :P :P

Every time I see a Laverda in the yard, Colm I think of you immediately  :)

Due another visit at the farm where the Ford digger came from. . .. . I may get that cider yet!!  :P :P

I'd look well driving it alright  ;D

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update time again! A little load in the yard one of the sons brought back last week. A little International I took down to Sussex to Lord Cowdry's Estate? Ring a bell anyone? I think that's who it was anyway. The gang that bought it wanted it to run a saw bench and a stake pointer. They fell chestnut trees to make fencing out of, really nice craft and they had some smart kit too but failed to get photos. . .. my bad!! A little Kidd for Sean at Shaftesbury .  .. very tidy.

post-227-132639781694_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639781712_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639781764_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639781772_thumb.jpg

A little job of removing a cracking little Lister/Brush generator near Tiverton and also an MF290 from the same farm. The 3085 has been through the workshop and will now be loved once more in Estonia, I took it to Harwich where there was a brand new Alvin Blanch drier, three Fusions and oodles of JCB's waiting to board ships.

post-227-13263978184_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639781914_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639781921_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639781927_thumb.jpg

It is off set, Chris. Bales are loaded from the font and tipped off of the back. Best wrapper on the market in my belief. It can also be trailed behind a baler with the drawbar semi offset to the near side of the baler and bales ejected from the baler and then picked up by the baler immediately. Brilliant bit of kit.

Most wrappers are mobile but remain in line with a side arm loading them onto the table and then once wrapped, tipped of the back.

A few more updates to tickle your fancies  :)

A day trip down Wellington way again to firstly collect some silage sides from the farm where the cider press was and then go to another place where the trailers were along with a variety of tractors. Still got a 20E loader down there to collect at some point. They had each been bought at various places and then moved to one farm who is a family friend, makes picking them up easier and quicker.

post-227-13263979922_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639799511_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639799529_thumb.jpg

post-227-13263979954_thumb.jpg

That said, the bridge leaving the village is a little on the narrow side!!

Next day was spent dung carting, myself driving the Massey and another local chap on the Ford and Teagle Titan 7.

post-227-132639799548_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639799571_thumb.jpg

post-227-13263979958_thumb.jpg

Never been happier if I am honest. Variety is the spice as they say  ... Although women never appreciate you saying that when you go out with the lads!!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:::)

No in all serious it requires the hours to make up for no holiday pay and a day off sick is a rarity. Having a house to do up does make it hard work though as you need the money for jobs on the house but then you need the time to do those jobs as well so a fine balance has to be struck. ... Doesn't it Traci . ... ?  :-\ ???   

Nice update Tris, those NH tractor/balers look really good  ;D ;D

Trust me, they're not!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Well the balers anyway, they make a superb bale but fall apart making them. Especially now they are made out of soft drink cans  ::)

Archived