Few pictures from round the farms *Updated on - 10/03/13*

Deere-est

About 4 miles if that to where the sale was mate. PDC told me the local name of The Woolpit Whiff  :laugh: :laugh:

The pigs got fed 8t of duck offal each week . . .. insert puking smiley here!  :-X:-\ :laugh: :laugh:

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There were all sorts of loading shovels there Paul, even a big CAT which I failed to picture  ::) As soon as one packed up they must have just bought another and never got rid of any. I reckon there were twenty at least. There four of those old Ag-Gators as well, one was leaving on a lowloader when I got there and another looked like it would be leaving in a scrap bulker! The old Fordson was a nice looking and in very good condition machine.

Places like that allways amzaze me they seem to have some obscure machines  ???  looking good though. Those 2 MF's from the sale looked fairly tidy would they be tarted up & sold back in the UK or is it more likely they are for export ? great pics & very interesting  :)

The MF's may go away in their own guise with the cab fronts cut out and doors, rear window removed or be remanufactured as 290's. Either way, export awaits I should think.

Bob thanks for that tip off, I'll take a peek at that :)

Cheers for the interest folks :)

ive seen that TW35 before i seen it on www.midsuffolkagriphotos.co.uk it was baling hay with a claas baler if im right

Thats right and the leyland with the loader was pictured aswell,used to know the family the owner died about 4 or 5 years ago then his son took over (we used to go on the beer together sometimes) until last July when coming home from a friends wedding on the A14 he told the driver to stop the car,got out then run across the carraridge way and got mowed down by a car and died on the spot,that just left his mum and sisters and they have had enough with the compaints about the whiff and the 2 deaths that they desided to sell up and start a new life else where.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, more recently the camera has been full of crap and it was not turning on properly so most of the first part of hay making was missed  :( However, it is working again and I'll be equipped when we get back on it.

So, just before hay making I had a couple of days trimming hedges for the father in-law for some of his customers around Warminster and Westbury.

The tractor and some before and afters  :) I like these jobs, I do most of them twice a year so growth is light. However, one wrong move and one of these garden hedges can be ruined in superb style!!!

post-227-132639853149_thumb.jpg

post-227-13263985341_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639853465_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639853487_thumb.jpg

:)

Beech hedge, it's a good job it's on a nice level roadside because it's a ***** to cut. Not a lot of leaf on a beech hedge, too keen a cut can strip the foliage and it can look horrendous. . .  Well, one bit did the first time I did it anyway!  :-[:laugh:

post-227-132639853515_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639853526_thumb.jpg

The reason we are not haymaking, these skies are a bit unpredictable!! This storm passed over but another came straight through. Oh and, this little love was my topping tractor  :) :)

post-227-132639853533_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639853545_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639853555_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639853581_thumb.jpg

thats a proper tractor tris

we had plenty of bad weather with us, i got rained on a hell of alot today roaging but thats part of the job, calnt keep putting it off.

there are few fields of hay that have been cut by me but thats it and there is a field full of round bales of which only 7 have been wrapped but there must be at least 60 unwrapped, ud think they would try and wrap them before the bad weather sets in

nice pics anyway, keep them coming

I think I picked this one up back in the spring from Warwick University Horticultural Campus. Pretty sure it's this one anyway, in which case it would never have had a lot of work to do.

On the hay making gang it's like a centre spread from a tractor magazine.

Massey 6170 on Krone mower.

Massey 698T on Krone 4 rotor tedder.

Massey 375 on PZ Haybob.

Ford 7810 & Massey 698 on Claas Markant's with Cooks flat 8's.

2x Massey 165's with Farmhand F11 loaders.

John Deere 2140, Massey 590, Massey 675 and Massey 399 on trailers.

JCB 531-70 stacking in the shed.

Looking forward to having the camera ready next week  :) Thanks for the compliments men  :)

It has been rebuilt and is now a runner and awaiting shipping to Kenya I believe to work in forestry there. I keep meaning to get a picture of it so I am glad you asked as it has given my a reminder to do so!  :) :)

Of course, no problem. ... Erm where will I find it?  :-\

It is a great shame to see some of these machines go abroad I have to admit. A few people showed interest in it but backed out. That side of things I'm afraid I do not get involved in, I just collect and deliver. It's nice in way the people who have bought it have bought it to do the job it was built for at least, it won't be cannibalised or similar. Another photo opportunity I must get is a superb bubble cab Ford TW-10, it's mint!

Here it is when I was hedge trimming with it, Tim. As far as I know, it's for sale. I did pick up a 4wd one the other week but it's main rough!No pics of that yet.

post-227-132639853626_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639853655_thumb.jpg

Archived