Few pictures from round the farms *Updated on - 10/03/13*

Deere-est

Bloody hell... I lived in Stanton Harcourt for 2 years when I managed a cheese depot (In Abingdon) for a Cambridge based firm.. I played domino's in a pub in Kingston Bagpuize which was actually someones front room... I always remember that the formica table was literally worn through in a swirl where they had 'shuffled' the dominos at each game... In my youth I would go clubbing to central London on a Friday and Saturday night... and play domino's during the week at a local pub  :D :D :D :D

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you bring back that big reversible, what was happening with that???

H

Not the big wagon plough Howard, no. I think it was staying put. Don't know why though as their main tractor (after trading an FW-60 for a CAT 75 which has also since left the farm) is a New Holland T7050!

Bloody hell... I lived in Stanton Harcourt for 2 years when I managed a cheese depot (In Abingdon) for a Cambridge based firm.. I played domino's in a pub in Kingston Bagpuize which was actually someones front room... I always remember that the formica table was literally worn through in a swirl where they had 'shuffled' the dominos at each game... In my youth I would go clubbing to central London on a Friday and Saturday night... and play domino's during the week at a local pub  :D :D :D :D

Sounds like you were a right gansta. Smokey, dim lit front room come pub lounges. . .. Mad Mark competing in the Dominos with would be villains from the saaaaaf end!!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:D :D :D  .. oh indeed... it got pretty heated in that pub when a double six was played mate I can tell you.... bag of nuts got ripped open and spilt once I seem to remember.

Made the Dungeon off Lea Bridge Road, Leyton look tame I can tell you  :D  .. sometimes they stayed open until 11.30pm to finish a game  :of :of :of :of

any chance howards would do a straight swap for my classic unmolested low houred original 168 for one of those nasty 699 things , just thought i'd help him get them off his premises 

ahh 699  :P L :P U :P S :P T :P    :P C :P O :P M :P E :P T :P O :P M :P E :P B :P A :P B :P Y

oi fergo you should be looking at one of those 699 all time classic , put a 7810 to shame in the shadows , rather than the loader

Fair play mr b ... I'll check mrs f's purse... I think it's still empty from the last time I looted it  :-[

ah maybe a PDC kit would be more in line with current funds then  ;D ;D

would love to have a 699 , best start doing the lottery , it's the first thing id buy after getting the 168 refurbished

• 2 weeks later...

A round up of the recent weeks. A rigid load of straw down to Crediton area and a load from Cheffins in Cambridgeshire. A lot of 165's came in over the last few weeks. On week saw 9, that's besides everything else that came in!

post-227-132639929305_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639929313_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639929321_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639929332_thumb.jpg

The Teagle brushwood cutter thing, there is a farmer with ground on Salisbury Plain who has one of these and he loves it. Reckons he can rattle 8" blackthorn, metal signposts, tyres, railway sleepers through it with little disturbance to his 6920S. The TW-35 will drive this in Kenya clearing ground for Teak tree farming. These two, four MF135's, two 3t trailers, a flail topper, post hole borer and a 5000L plastic diesel tank filled three shipping containers!

The 8210 I picked up from a smallholder who had cashed it in for a smaller tractor. It's a right beauty as well. Shame we can;t have it on the farm for a while  :( And a little 6410, another little minter  :)

post-227-132639929375_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639929383_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639929418_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639929482_thumb.jpg

And finally for this time, a non-running DAF 2100 I picked up near Street. It had been used for on farm haulage. Farmer said buying old lorries like this was cheaper than buying trailers and the ride was more comfortable!

Also, the three tractors I collected around Cornwall and Devon this week. Case 844 XL, John Deere 2450 and an MF 698T.

post-227-132639929803_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639929837_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639929847_thumb.jpg

post-227-1326399299_thumb.jpg

some quality pictures mate , just lust at first sight with the 699 still, & what a coeker the TW turned out to be !

as for the little DAF2100 that would ,make a great retoration project for someone but i dare say it'll go abroad maybe ?

here's something you dont see very often though  so ther you go a 'new 'truck to replace that ageing scania

post-211-132639929998_thumb.jpg

WOW , that ford looks  8) certainly work fast what a transformation.  Masseys look good as well i guess  :P  do they have a full overhaul then or does it depend on the tractor ? Do many tractors stay in the UK then or are they all exported ?

Most are exported, a few stay here but it isn't many. There are different levels of finish and this depends on the customers requirements. Some go for the full works, others go for ex-farm and maybe a new set of tyres or something. Last week 7 container loads left which was 4 20ft and 3 40ft containers :of Most other makes leave the yard as ex-farm, it's a big enough job having parts in stock for MF let alone having to keep Ford, IH, Zetor, Belarus and JD parts too. The TW was a one off and the workshop went to town on that to do the best possible job. At 30 odd years old she still had reserve power on the pto on the 150hp dyno!

ooo that 165 and loader in the first pics would do me a treat, love the use of the door tops to fill the rear windows, just the sort of girl i would be looking to buy just loose the laoder from it and shes just like i drove all them years back

Archived