Few pictures from round the farms *Updated on - 10/03/13*

Deere-est

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm here all day boss!!

but thats what you told traci , just before you headed back to the yard, , & thats what you didn't tell her , poor girl looking around yokel land for you , & you wern't there all day were you ! :D :D

Guest Powerdozer

i havnt been on here much but we are well into the Harvest on the downlands of Mere side of A303 had a late one last night only me on the trailer with good old MF power took a reading off the oats last night 13.5.

Right then here are some pics pasted in from Photobucket. Can't be arsed to detail them all so please fire away with questions. First set is from the first couple of days I was with the combine down near the A303 driving a Claas 836 with 14t Western trailer, along with me was a Fendt 714 with same trailer and our Unimog lent to the farmer to pull his own Larrington 16t trailer. Lexion 480 on tracks is doing the work. We were taking it straight to Keysley Store 2m up the road, operated on behalf of Centaur Grain and used by many a straw lorry too. Weigh in, sample taken, tip, weight out again.

Candy015.jpg

Candy019.jpg

Candy021.jpg

Candy022.jpg

Candy023-1.jpg

Candy024.jpg

Candy025.jpg

Candy028.jpg

Candy030.jpg

Candy031.jpg

Great to see the Mog out earning it's keep Tris, what other work does it get used for??

What were your thoughts on the Claas, a local contractor to me has just added one to his fleet in the last year who has always been Case IH through and through, except for the fastracs he has for carting.

The Mog is a 160 with a tweak somewhere along the line Jase, it's only real work is as a sprayer with a 24m Gem demount. It's getting on a bit and he recently bought a second hand Househam self propelled so her days may well be number. As for the Claas, I love it mate. Had a smaller but nicer one in NZ and fell for them then. Grunt is bloody goo, comfort is fantastic, visibility for a bigger tractor is pretty good too. As for maintenance, everything hinges, folds, stays where you want it too. Can be thristy though!!

I suppose fuel usage is becoming a major cost factor for farmers these days after the sharp increases we have seen over the past year or so.

I take it those pipes on the grainstore floor are for the drier??

I suppose fuel usage is becoming a major cost factor for farmers these days after the sharp increases we have seen over the past year or so.

I take it those pipes on the grainstore floor are for the drier??

Blow air through the grainstore to keep it cool - it will not dry it this way - want to watch them things they are a pain in the a$$ when they break >:(

Yeah this big shed was for grain of 14% to 15.5% mc so the air flow just maintains this percentage. The grainstore owner did make it clear to me that backing over a pipe means shifting 200t of grain to get it out. So I concentrated on hitting the beams instead coz he said their easier to replace!!!!!!!!  :D :D :D

Alot of the grain was fine so not a lot of drying needed, good job as it peaked at ?160/t this week so I hear!!! Quids in Farmer Jones!!!

Yeah this big shed was for grain of 14% to 15.5% mc so the air flow just maintains this percentage. The grainstore owner did make it clear to me that backing over a pipe means shifting 200t of grain to get it out. So I concentrated on hitting the beams instead coz he said their easier to replace!!!!!!!!  :D :D :D

Alot of the grain was fine so not a lot of drying needed, good job as it peaked at ?160/t this week so I hear!!! Quids in Farmer Jones!!!

Yeah but yields are back as well so won't affect the bottom line by much :(

Yeah, my mate over the hill said prices were good. He was thinking of selling some of his but has decided against, probably a good thing as the way things are with F&M he will most likely need it for feed afterall.

The chap where we didn't finish last night worked his yields out and the combines own meter wasn't far out, varying between 10t and 12t ha. Thats after maize with plenty of cattle muck and light dose of N he said. With the amount of straw as well, he was a very happy chappy!!!

Not so when we turned up with a grain trailer, header and no combine though it has to be said!!!!!!!  :D

Cheers Graham, yeah there have been hours worked I never knew existed!!

Well there is muck and maize to come, maybe a bit of cultivating inbetween but with two Quadtracs with 9m Topdowns they seem to cover it pretty well!!!  :D :D :D

Maize will be a Krone Big X with 6/7 trailers and two JCB 414's stacking so that should be a bundle of fun. After that he is keen to put me on one of his Volvo FH12 or Scania grain bulkers subbed out to Witney grain on collections from farms to deliver to store/port.

Could be good  :)

sounds great tris nice kit two that makes a differance good luck two you fella we have not been working as late as you but it has been after 11.30 every nite time you get in just about had it glad two have today off :P :P i did have a women in here merc kompressor convertable under the back of my bailey trailer the other day i stopped she never she went right under ;the steps on the side at the back took the windscreen out and left a big gouge in the bonnett bit of a shock for me and her let me tell you no one hurt thou so that was ok ;) ;)only took a little bit of paint of the trailer

Blimey!!!! Your sharp!!!

Hindon farms was who we were cutting for  :)

Well Well Couple of weeks ago you were just up the road from where I live now, and now you're working next to the place I was born & bred

Small World eh Tris :D

P.S. Lovely corner of Wiltshire innit ;)

Archived