Few pictures from round the farms *Updated on - 10/03/13*

Deere-est

A load of spares ready to be lifted off at Cheffins. Doors, linkage parts, exhausts, cab, Ransomes spud lifter, gearbox parts. ... a lorry load a month goes up and it always sells.

However, being a part time driver the lorry is loaded for me ready for my 4am start.  .. . and the workshop guys arn't drivers .. ..  and don't appreciate how annoying it is that they wrap any spare strap around everything in site and tie flipping knots everywhere  >:( >:(>:( Friend of mine has 16 weeks off work after falling off his trailer last week and snapping his arm, so with that in mind it makes it all the more risky having to keep getting up and down and clambering over stuff to untie knots in straps. Drives me mad!  >:(

post-227-132639997369_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639997376_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639997391_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639997461_thumb.jpg

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whilst waiting for a paperwork error to be sorted  ::) I was watching the Cheffins guys put what I think was a 15/20t Hitachi slew in this container. Having already stripped down the cab, tracks and dipper arm it was tipped onto its side and slid in!!! With on handler as an anchor to stop the container sliding, another lifting and a third pushing I reckon it took them about an hour from the container truck setting the container down to it lifting the container back on again. That's swift!

Never got a 'before' shot unfortunately  :(

post-227-132639997503_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639997519_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639997538_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639997546_thumb.jpg

Couple of other bits and pieces including a skyward 690 which I took home along with an MF565 with loader and two 575's - no pic of the load as it was business as usual on that front.

The big tug looked a bit of an animal. The Willis jeep would make a nice restoration job, looking at the windscreen I'd say i had some sort of rear mounted gun..

post-227-132639997553_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639997561_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639997567_thumb.jpg

Polish lorry collects part of his cargo, a 7920. I was surprised , they did not even have to let the tyres down to get it in. Nice outfit, low ride height, sliding roof. ... Just shows how easy some of this machinery 'disappears' as from the outside you'd think it would be carrying rolls of paper, tyres, food. . . anything other than plant or machinery!

post-227-132639997575_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639997585_thumb.jpg

Finally, today (third 3am alarm and 4am yard departure of the week  ??? ) my load took me to East Tilbury to a trading estate on the sight of some sort of old factory. Been there before. Roads were awful, one crash going in my direction and three in the opposite. Anyhow, it stopped. ..... until I arrived here to crane the discs off when it decided to drop another dose of the wet stuff on me  ::) I was there, tipped and on my break by 08.15am  :)

post-227-132639997631_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639997656_thumb.jpg

post-227-13263999767_thumb.jpg

They do, they sell a few but they'll only keep back minters or rarities. It has to be an exception as the space all this stuff takes up is incredible. Bonnets, doors etc. .. it gets rammed in the yard with spared, machinery, the lorries, staff cars. Quite an 'exciting' place at times!

Tris.. I've just had an email from Mr Howard himself... he says he's taken your comments on-board and he's pleased to announce his new 'roping down' employee who starts on Monday

Billiam E Cruikshank  ;D:D

Anyway... up to Cheffins without a Dangerous Dave on the way there or back  >:( :'(

Very interesting photo's Tris,'specially that container side lifter,I was always under the impression that they were only able to pick up empty containers,imagineing that with all the lift equipement hydraulic's etc there wouldn't  be much weight left for payload,but a quick internet search reveal;ed the Steelbro sidelifter web site,and a very interesting wee video, http://www.steelbro.com/en/products/sidelifters/applications.html

Regards

Joe.

Thanks for looking, I thought much the same Joe. Having seen this one with its donkey engine, sliding booms, hyd pack and jacks the only way wieght is saved is that it only lifted to the offside so no extra equipment to enable near side work.

• 3 weeks later...

Quick update. Gradually getting through the hay, only one or two more trips to Wales to make now and the shed will be full of cattle as quickly as it is emptied of hay. One trip should be on for this week. The dealer has been mega pleased with the quality and it is selling very quickly, too quickly - once a customer has had it they are very reluctant to have anything else!! Some of this load was due straight out for delivery, hence loading straight onto one of their two Smyth trailers. Had a back load of tractors again this time, a non starting Belarus (which started once back at the yard with a can of 'sniff' and a 24V jump pack. And two 7710's of different generations.

IMG_1687.jpg

IMG_1688.jpg

IMG_1690.jpg

Knackered old Farm Master at the dealers.

IMG_1691.jpg

IMG_1692.jpg

Cor, bit better on Photobucket isn't it?!!! Resurrected my stagnant account  :)

Winching on the Belarus.

IMG_1694.jpg

Driving on one of the 77's

IMG_1695.jpg

And ready for the jaunt home.

IMG_1697.jpg

Once back, the cab was up, batteries off and starter motor off. New Scania batteries and starter motor fitted ready for the next day. After failing to start for me at 4am after the first frost of the winter.

IMG_1698.jpg

Nice updates Tris, still like those old Bubble cabbed Fords, the Gen II 77 looks tidy.......

Nice to see the two together too, I think the SQ cab was an early one being on a C plate ???

Lovely Belarus  :) . Why was it towed on the trailer?

Quite a tidy old rig in all fairness, both doors had been victim to being left open whilst driving through gateways by the looks of it. For the hassle of trying to start the old thing it was quicker to just pull it up onto the trailer, Niels.

nice pictures tris do you sheet the hay with a fly sheet tris cracking load, i bet that rides nice on that trailer she would roll a bit on normal trailer i would think ,nice back load to  ;)

We sheet it with a tarp normally but the last two loads I have take the weather has been favourable so we have not worried about it. It does ride nice too, the road from Carmarthen up to where I take the hay is about an hour of the trip and it's a horrid road but having a nice tidy stack helps the running  :) Big week this week, I think I have Wales as per this trip, spares to Cheffins in Cambridgeshire and tractors back and also a trip to Derbyshire via a drop off in Worcestershire I think.

No, I head up through Lampeter mate. There is a Sunnis lamb slaughter house on the road up. Early mornings the road is dead quiet, after 8am and I start to meet all the livestock hauliers and reefer lorries. Tomorrow the Derbyshire is off but I have a 6170 and a Class Markant to deliver to two different places in Worcestershire. Suits me fine as I seem to have picked up man flu today!!

great topic to follow mate , lampeter ?  you think the A485 is bad , try doing the A484  , that is a truly awfull road  ;D ;D  i dont do it for ages , then seem to run it 2-3 times a week  :(

keep an eye out for a 2wd fastrac with a small dump trailer up around the New Inn area tris , i seen it once parked up being loaded & twice on the road , but never had enough time to get me camera or phone ready ::)

apparently it belongs to a local builder who bought it as an insurance right off , replaced the front axle with a 2wd front axle  8)

I've a feeling I may have seen that, does it have floatation tyres on the front?

Well anyway, been trying out the HTC's camera, not the best in the shadows but for point and click at work it's quite good and takes a reasonable photo.  :)

Last weeks collections around Cornwall and Devon consisted of two MF165's from Cornish Tractors and two Fords from private sellers, one near Davidstow milk factory by the airfield - bleak out there mind! And one on the way home near Wellington. The last one on looked a beauty.... till I got close and saw the brush marks in the paint!! No brakes either so trying to keep it on the trailer long enough to get a strap round the rear wheels was fun and games! The LP cabbed one is a little corker. The MF's. .... well the less said the better!!

utf-8BSU1BRzAwMDUuanBn.jpg

utf-8BSU1BRzAwMDQuanBn.jpg

Yesterday it was a simple trip up to the Worcester area to firstly deliver this - note the brand new wheels and Continental tyres all round. The farmer had it on row crops, during that time the original set got stolen. When he traded in he kept the row crops and these were put on through the insurance. They don't half set off the tractor well. I reckon the farmer got himself a tidy bargain! The Claas baler went to a chap getting ready for this years paddock contracting.

IMAG0037.jpg

IMAG0039.jpg

IMAG0041.jpg

IMAG0042.jpg

Archived