Few pictures from round the farms *Updated on - 10/03/13*

Deere-est

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Well Luke, it's funny your should say that because here they jolly well are. .. ... albeit somewhat later than usual!

Collecting a baler from a farm near Wimbleball Lake in Devon.

IMAG0378.jpg

And the hedgetrimmer came back with me too.

IMAG0379.jpg

All via a track about 1 mile long, rough and pretty narrow, wet and steep in places.

IMAG0381.jpg

Another little rigid job near Tetbury which saw a 4600 and a 4000 being collected. Neither started so the first one I pulled up with the crane as it is quicker than the winch, the second one in another area of the yard I used the winch.

Firstly, out with the old and in with the new.

IMAG0417.jpg

Pulling the first one up with the crane. Handy thing is with the crane is obviously you can steer the tractor, the winch has no remote control like the one on the artic so you have to keep correcting the wheels manually.

IMAG0418.jpg

IMAG0419.jpg

And the second. Not in the easiest places either.

IMAG0420.jpg

IMAG0422.jpg

Off to a local farm now to pick up another non runner, a little International. The farmer was free between milking so he steered for me.

IMAG0425.jpg

While a contractor was tanking away from the lagoon with a hired in Joskin and his own MXM140, the farmers own new Massey something on the stirrer. Nice looking machine and a 60 plate too, he has always had 100hp MF loaders (thereabouts) for as long as I can remember, changing frequently too.

IMAG0423.jpg

IMAG0424.jpg

Cambridge now and a few other hauliers in to load and/or unload.

R420 with a nice Marshall on the back, this was being delivered for the forthcoming sale at that time.

IMAG0447.jpg

And a 124G 420 with a hefty crane which delivered a load of machinery and left with this spreader.

IMAG0448.jpg

Last couple from Cambridge, tractors lined up in a bit of the chily white stuff.

IMAG0449.jpg

IMAG0450.jpg

A Belarus from Keighly near Bradford, another one from near Dewsbury and then a 7610 from a farm just south of Leamington Spa, that was an overnight job. Nice to get a distance drive for a change. West Yorkshire isn't regular for us!

IMAG0485.jpg

The little JCB 3t machine picked from a hire job and a little 4610 collected from a local dealer.

IMAG0486.jpg

And thankfully, the little Fiat I picked up from Wales a while back is still around so any spare hours I have had have been chainharrowing with it, nice change. :)

IMAG0487.jpg

Now at Wessex Sale, Shaftesbury where I unloaded spares from the rigid. While the chap next to us had these two classics onboard along with a very tidy TM190.

IMAG0494.jpg

The girls who joined me for the day.

IMAG0493.jpg

Then it was away to Okehampton direction to collect two balers from a dispersal sale the day before. Some sensible chap had towed them up from the boggy field for us. . .. and put them in a barn ::) One end I could just about get along side, the other end I could not. Just a good job the ramps went under the lean-to behind us. ::):of

IMAG0498.jpg

Using the crane I could steer the baler as I pulled it out of the shed and then alongside and slightly forward of the lorry, unchain it, move the lorry forward and then swing it around and over the bed, plonk it down and use the crane to roll it along the bed to the rear. ... Easy! :P:blink:

IMAG0499.jpg

IMAG0500.jpg

The Claas was even more fun, having to use the crane fully extended, the chains fully extended and a flipping ratchet strap to pull it in, in three stages and then the same again, turn it around put it down infront of the lorry, move the lorry then lift it on the the bed in reverse so the drawbars ran side by side.

IMAG0501.jpg

IMAG0502.jpg

Grubbypup!

IMAG0505.jpg

IMAG0503.jpg

Subsequently, a very tired pup!

IMAG0507.jpg

Sheerness now to deliver these two, a remanufactured 135 and an L200.

IMAG0520.jpg

What a little stunner.

IMAG0521.jpg

Trailer anyone?

IMAG0522.jpg

Volvo FH running illegally with an extendable lowloader...

IMAG0523.jpg

Then a return load from Cheffins again.

IMAG0524.jpg

Couple of 240's in the yard awaiting shipping. Not done that regulary but nice little tractors all the same.

IMAG0525.jpg

The new beef shed up and now awaiting the interior installations and groundworks.

IMAG0528.jpg

Some of the sucklers with their calves.

IMAG0529.jpg

And some of the 60 odd stores.

IMAG0530.jpg

A new and pretty robust looking creep feeder ready for the spring.

IMAG0531.jpg

And lastly some more artic loads I have collected, a mint 698 with a Dowdeswell 5f reversible from Cheffins at Bristol.

IMAG0532.jpg

A New Holland digger and a Caterpillar digger both near Cowbridge in Wales down a horrid little lane!

IMAG0535.jpg

And a load for another chap ready to take away on Friday, the little JCB which is hired out. . ..I assume it has been sold then!

IMAG0536.jpg

Archived