Few pictures from round the farms *Updated on - 10/03/13*

Deere-est

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

been getting arround eh tris, great job you have mate, envey you sometimes infact all that variaty, them jags looks intresting ,what are the extra wheels on the back of each one for?? never seen that before

been getting arround eh tris, great job you have mate, envey you sometimes infact all that variaty, them jags looks intresting ,what are the extra wheels on the back of each one for?? never seen that before

the extra set of wheels carry the pickup hitch so that they spread the weight of the trailer

the 3125 is a very nice tractor we had it in the workshops then you came and picked it up it will fix easily guarenteed! the morning after you dropped the 3065 off it developed a low range fault luckily it was only the range switch!

I think the 3125 is sorted now actually so you're right with that, it must have been pretty straight forward.

I was down your way for the sale the other week, Tim. It was lashing it down and all the lorries had to go into the sale field.... There was a lot of towing going on!! :D

Cheers Sean and Mark :) Yes the weather certainly took a turn over the last few weeks!

the extra set of wheels carry the pickup hitch so that they spread the weight of the trailer

cheers tim, never seen that before, all the trailed ones i see are just trailers right on ,no extra wheels on ect

I think the 3125 is sorted now actually so you're right with that, it must have been pretty straight forward.

I was down your way for the sale the other week, Tim. It was lashing it down and all the lorries had to go into the sale field.... There was a lot of towing going on!! :D

didn't see you i'm afraid you were picking up the imported 595 i expect? i was there loading things up for people!

• 2 months later...

Well I must apologise for the absence in updates and general input into the Forum, busy times at the moment and a general lack of enthusiasm towards the hobby but I hope that will swing around a wee bit as the farming year picks up.

Anyway, some updates from being out and about in the lorries around the country to start with:

First up and easy run down to Tilbury Docks on a typical summers day in the UK, 2012!!

DSCN0190.jpg

With this ex-Cornwall lorry and a Claas Markant both destined for warmer climates.

DSCN0187.jpg

DSCN0188.jpg

And an even easier back load in the shape of a five disc, disc plough from another exporter near Reading. :wacko::huh::D

DSCN0189.jpg

A local collection of an old and somewhat retired Ford digger...

DSCN0192.jpg

Thankfully it had already been dragged out of the brambles and the site workers there to put a pad down for a new building duly assisted me in loading the old dog up!

DSCN0191.jpg

DSCN0193.jpg

DSCN0194.jpg

DSCN0195.jpg

Another day in the rigid saw me take this 575 up to a lock up in a shall we say, diverse, part of Coventry!!

DSCN0197.jpg

And then on up past Belper to collect these two from a dealer we do a bit of work with.

DSCN0198.jpg

Ipswich docks then beckoned, leaving a 698T on the quay side awaiting it's ship.

DSCN0199.jpg

Feeling like the odd one out amongst all the large earth moving machinery awaiting the same boat.

DSCN0200.jpg

From Ipswich it was Boston bound to a farmer who was scaling back his farming due to ill health. The 4wd had been on the farm since '80 and the 2wd since '82, both bought from their first owners.

DSCN0203.jpg

Might be back one day for the 2620 which was in the shed parked next to this weapon which is not for sale but rarely sees daylight, shame.

DSCN0202.jpg

Just up the road was this old timer waiting for the sun. There seemed to be a lot of MF machinery of older years in the area, the chap above had the MF tractors along with a 30 drill and an early conventional baler.

DSCN0204.jpg

From Boston it was time to head to the East Riding of Yorkshire where I had a night out followed by loading at a dealer near Pocklington. This is his other yard where a varied line up awaited...

DSCN0205.jpg

This winching 774 looked like an appealing buy for someone.

DSCN0207.jpg

All loaded up and ready for the return trip home. A bit of extra space was needed to get all four on so the wind was let out of the 590's fron tyres and I winched it up tight to the nudge bar.

DSCN0208.jpg

DSCN0210.jpg

And then todays little jolly was down to Devon to a farm sale to pick up these two, a 135 which didn't want to start and a 590 which was in constant use up until sale day.

IMAG0894.jpg

IMAG0895.jpg

DSCN0211.jpg

Followed by a spot of lunch.

IMAG0896.jpg

Erm, job to say really Sue. I don't do as many as a full time truck driver but I don't have set routes like many do these days. The truck is an 03 plate and stands on 648268kms after the two day trip which began on 647131kms. Then the rigid I also drive.... So it would ale a bit to keep track of it all. Average full week, maybe 800? Full time drivera would double that I expect!

That is the beauty of it, Sue. While not behind the wheel full time, my work is far more interesting and challenging than many of steering wheel attendant jobs for want of a better expression!

I think it was Pembletons or something, Pat. They are at Nunburnholme? But this yard was at something Yarn? Just a hamlet north out of Pocklington.

I think it was Pembletons or something, Pat. They are at Nunburnholme? But this yard was at something Yarn? Just a hamlet north out of Pocklington.

Ahh yeah, they're part of a big family of 'tractor dealers' for want of a better word :laugh: best not say too much about that though. Yeah they're from nunburnholme which is the far side of pocklington to us. If you went to the M62 from theirs you will have most likely come past our lane end, on the way to howden.

Archived