Few pictures from round the farms *Updated on - 10/03/13*

Deere-est

Aafter dropping it off at the yard I popped up to a farm some may know on the side of the road t'other side of Calne for these two, a Fendt 310 which is in damn fine condition and although I did not take note, I would presume by the farm not too many hours either. Secondly another tidy tractor, a Massey 290 with a Browns (Farmhand?) loader, bucket, fork, spike, dung grab and weight block. It was a squeeze but with a bit of jiggery and pokery I got it all on!!

Surely it depends on the side of Calne you started on? Got an idea where you mean though and they dont look in too bad nick for older machines.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks very much Phillip, you know the lorry now incase you see me about up your way. Yeah I do get to see some interesting places and people. Try to make time for a good chin wag with folk. Still havn't unearthed that gem that turns out to be worth thousands like we all look for yet though! Glad you enjoy the thread :)

A couple more, Wales with hay as normal and was greeted with this on the way up to the farm.. The ambulance and the recovery truck turned up about 15mins after me.

IMAG1311.jpg

IMAG1312.jpg

So while I was sat there for the 45minute recovery, I took a few foggy shots.

DSCN0767-1.jpg

DSCN0766.jpg

DSCN0765-1.jpg

Then on the way home, nice and clear.

DSCN0772.jpg

Then a trip to the docks with this little lot. The Freelander is chocked up over the fifth wheel on sleepers. It is then wire roped to the chassis and secured with bolt clamps and it is also welded to the DAF via angle iron struts. Still, I was refused!! Reason being the wire rope was not thick enough, yet it is at another berth on Tilbury Dock and the welding, although looks fine cannot be assured by a breakout rating. So as well as all of this, I had to ratchet each wheel down and put another strap from front to back. So I was five straps and five ratchets down when I got to the next place to pick up a 6640 4wd with loader, 7810 4wd and a 6120 4wd. I forgot to take a photo of this load, the 7810 was a beauty, 6640 looked like it had come straight from Basra and the 6120 was tidy in appearance but well used.

DSCN0773-1.jpg

DSCN0774-1.jpg

Followed by Cheffins on Friday with a load of spares. Cab, loader, wheels and tyres, tyres, sheet metal parts, doors, bale spike, alternators, exhausts, linkage parts, gearbox parts, hydraulic parts, steering parts, front axles, a disc plough ... 37 lots in total.

DSCN0776-1.jpg

DSCN0775-1.jpg

And a return load of three 590's and 575 bringing up the rear. Two four wheel drives on board made it a tight fit so I had to pull the valves on the 575 tyres to get the ramps up ;) I like this photo :)

DSCN0777-1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

A few updates, nothing exciting but that may come in the next few weeks with some busy days ahead. Dock runs, Cheffins February sale in Cambridgeshire, hay for Wales. . .. should be a fair few miles to clock up!

Anyway, picked up some trailers which have been rebuilt for us. The usual set up where we supply and shot blasted and undercoat ready chassis and this chap fabricates new floor and drop sides and gives it a fresh coat of paint ready for our exports.

On the way through the village to the workshops.

DSCN0963.jpg

Loading up.

DSCN0967.jpg

DSCN0968.jpg

On the way back out and through the village again

DSCN0970.jpg

A Volvo FL6 I picked up near Tollard Royal, used as a cold store by a chicken farmer.

DSCN0971.jpg

The only (and not very good) pic I got after delivering an MF690 to a dairy farm near by, a really genuine and very well kept example it is too.

DSCN0973.jpg

cracking fendt mate ,maybe trade the coffin carrier in on her ?? :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  just wondering, i see you quite often have mf 80 loaders away to cheffins ,do howards not sell many loader ,if any? ,  fitted to the fergys they sell out to africa then???  

there i am slating the uh mf 690  bonnet,but from that picture tris it does look like the bonnet slopes down a bit,not as much as uh's model,but it is sloping isnt it? next time you run across a 690 you couldnt take a picture of the bonnet side on tris?,great topic by the way

The Fendt is a smart little tractor, plenty of life left in it - Devon registered I see, is that where you collected it from ? I suppose you could become it's new owner by working of it's price without pay - wonder how long that would take though ;D

Thanks guys, it came from a farm just 15 miles away near Calne, Mark. May have been a second hand buy through the dealer network though unless the chap moved up here from down that way maybe. As for working it off ... I would like to retire one day!

Thanks, David. ... could do with an on board photographer some days!

Archived