vaderstad drill

well its here at last, and well worth the wait ;D very detailed for a carpet farming model, wheels look very realistic, seed pipes fitted, leveling boards, discs, disc cultures decals etc, only things lacking (minor detail) is lack of markers and tramline pre emergence markers, in all 9/10 very good effort

im going to try altering the drawbar and fit a wheel press on 3pl to pull the drill like a few working round my way, also drill could be used for one or two other ideas ;)

heres a few pics

post-194-132638611403_thumb.jpg

post-194-132638611407_thumb.jpg

yes yours sure looks great jason but i bet you wont sell them for ?18 like these are ;) there great value for a fairly detailed model

Indeed they are good value, for another ?150 you could have one with markers and raise/lower function!  ;)::) I've bought two of these instead.  ;)

It does look a good model Mike and a good review, it's just that drawbar is hideous! Real let down to the model by the looks of things. :(

yes but as i say im on with making the alternative drawbar with tyre press ;) the draw bar is a let down i know but its one of the best implements in a long while in my eyes :)

yes but as i say im on with making the alternative drawbar with tyre press ;) the draw bar is a let down i know but its one of the best implements in a long while in my eyes :)

Look foward to seeing it and would you say it's better than say a Simba Solo? ???

Look foward to seeing it and would you say it's better than say a Simba Solo? ???

yes as the solo discs dont fold etc, only the rear packer ;) others may not like the drill but its very good in my eyes, i have it on the back of a jd 8430t on display as we speak

yes as the solo discs dont fold etc, only the rear packer ;) others may not like the drill but its very good in my eyes, i have it on the back of a jd 8430t on display as we speak

.....soon to be a 8400. ;)

The simba solo is an interesting model to compare it to, in my eyes the simba solo appears to be the most functional of the two.

Just thought of that, as in my eyes, that is the last best implement they Britains made. ;) But yeah, I see where you're coming from there. :)

Indeed they are good value, for another ?150 you could have one with markers and raise/lower function!  ;)::) I've bought two of these instead.  ;)

explain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where????? ???

Think I'll get one going by the review......wonder if the markers off the siku lemken power harrow would look good on the drill?  ;)

You do know how the markerd fold don't you deerepower? They swing back towards the tyre packer roller.

Thanks for the model reveiw, it certainly looks great but room for improvement  ;)

You do know how the markerd fold don't you deerepower? They swing back towards the tyre packer roller.

Thanks for the model reveiw, it certainly looks great but room for improvement  ;)

Have noticed that Jez (looking at the brochure of the real machine  :D) dont look to hard to convert them for it  ;)

I like this drill from what I have seen of it but why on earth have they put that daft drawbar on it? When they have gone to all the trouble of getting all this packer wheels just right they could have easily put a four wheel packer unit on the drawbar to brighten it up a wee bit.

I like this drill from what I have seen of it but why on earth have they ut that daft drawbar on it? When they have one to all the trouble of getting all this packer wheels just right the could have easily put a four wheel packer unit on the drawbar to brighten it up a wee bit.

that would be too much like hard work for them