Graham's Work

graham

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi kevin the speed is variable some cows that are giving a lot of milk you may have to stop to let her finish but most of the time they have finished , the person milking sets the speed to there own pace ,all the cows have collars on so the feed is metered out to there  requiment they work very well this type the cowman stands inside the parlour some are called external milking parlours they are not so easy to use and are not very cow freindly .

I know of a farm where they put one in about ten years ago, then ripped it out and put in a large herringbone instead :P

there has been three taken out in sussex in the last four years but have all gone back in on other units but they was all internal milkers ;)

thanks sean the rotary parlour the main benefit is it is virtully non stop once the first cow has entered they just walk on go round time they get to the exit they are milked and just walk off. unlike the heeringbone parlours where the cows stand behind each other once milked you have to get say twelve cows out and another twelve in it all adds to the time of the job , the rotarys are mainly for the large herds that one milks 340 cows twice a dayit takes two hours to milk them each milking there are hour meters on the pumps that drive it and on the clocks they say it has run for 13,000 hours up to now very busy bit of equipment , hope that explains a bit mate ;)

cheers for that info mate, guess it does make snece for a larger  herd

i went to hill house farm the other day massey boy took some pics but it was two dark never came out very well  :-\

cool shame it was dark did you see there forager because some one told me they may have a new one

next time you go there take some more pics if its light please :) :) :) :) :)

• 2 weeks later...

Graham, nice pics mate. No doubt it has been a bit chilly round them dairy farms over the last couple of weeks. Some nice looking places you are working at though. Seeing as that Merlo has been born unto a student farm, show us a pic of it in a months time!!!  :D :D :D

yes jason the small one he said could not pull the simba mono deep enough so he bought the bigger one  a seventy five i think is model number , he bought that plough the same time both secondhand the plough was a steal i would off thought he gave ?2500 FOR IT a lot of metal there

Archived