Graham's Work

graham

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

they have only just started picking grass up henry they normally pull a mobile home around with them as well and the guvernor cooks the meals for them but at moment like will said it is there way of getting home  ;)

Nice Pics as always Graham that john deere contractor outfit looks some set up  :o :o :o

Hendy i thought the pick up on the tralier would of been easy to work out looks well kitted out with there spare wheels as well keep moving  ::) ::):D :D :D

they got some nice kit simon they are jd dealers two so that must help i expect jez will know them, they work the hours durig this dry spell the chap that was mowing told the herdsman on the farm he had not been home for six days not sure where he was resting his head thou :-\

Great pictures also nice equipment.Push rake's on a silage pit we don't see here very often. It is nice to see how silage go in the UK and other countries.

Texas

i did have a chat with the fella on the clamp he said he would rather use a jcb shovel on the clamp he said he can flick it better  texas :o

Nice pictures there Graham ;)

No wonder there are so many new Deere's there if he is a dealer also :)

thats right nash it is easy to have new kit he has £500 of extra lights on the clamp tractor he told me they was led lights but very good on clamp at night ;)

some nice kit there  :P would starfire be any good on silage as its in rows  ???

i thought the same rich do not know what that was for  :-\

Why do they carry jeeps and trucks around? Too lazy to walk?

Or is so that they can drive it home when there for a few days?

We always used to carry a van around on our low loader with the diesel when I worked for a silage contractor, most contractors here leave the kit on the farm they are working on at nights and don't return to base with them hence why they need a vehicle to get them back to base every day ;)

Blimey, looks like that silage contractor bought a whole new fleet this year!! I just feel sorry for the guy on the clamp though, I mean if he needs all those lights on during the day, he must be blind as a bat at night!!!  ;D ;D

I do like that service trailer though.  8) Nice to see another buckrake too, 200hp and a three tonne lift ain't going to be matched by many loaders  8);)

Great photo's Graham, as always of course. You have been around some interesting places by the looks of it. I love the harbour photo, very colourful and postcard like. Keep us updated, I like all these 'at work' topics we do on here.  :) :)

Brillant pics Graham and great to find another member on here that is in kent, was begning to think it was just me and 1,32 scale farmer  :D;)

So do you acttualy work for the burden brothers because in the pics at the farm is that there farm

Please dont give me a numpty im just a bit confused

No tractor can handle like a shovel on the pit, fact.

Or if anyone wants to argue that...

We'll settle on a Piste Bully wins all  :-*

http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=22288.0

im no expert but i would like to see it push a 18t load of silage up a 45degree sloap brfore the next one gets there

and that has three other tractors helping

and its not pushing much

and ist not a very steep sloap

and its maize which is easier to clapm unlike grsass in my oppinion it dosent all bunch and lump like grass

been taking a 20x40 parlour out this week , the farm was in surrey 1,300 acre estate gave up milk , unit was only 7 years old ,going to turn the large building into horse stables  :-\. we have got to put the parlour back in on a farm in kent that will be a green feild site young farmer going to do it to ;)

DSCF3052.jpg

DSCF3072.jpg

DSCF3071.jpg

unusal load for this firm he normally carrys plasterboard this was his backload

DSCF3062.jpg

DSCF3066.jpg

had to go to fishgaurd in wales at weekend with some parts for a tower silo and had to get some pics of the dump box to try and order some bits for it so thought i would put them up as well  ;)

DSCF3058.jpg

Archived