Graham's Work

graham

They take anything down this way. Last year a farmer was putting in perferated land drain. He backfilled as he went, leaving a gap where the joiners were. Came back in the morning and the pikey's had pulled all the joiners out and had them away. Also loaded up a tonne of sand by hand which was in a heap by the gateway!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nice shed there graham  :P  :)

there putting in new parlours at college now  :) two 20:40 herinbournes  :) but its mayhem  :D they got about 200  :-\  and they only have 12 units working  :D i got to do farm routine in two weeks  :-[ a good couple of hours milking  :'( ::):D

what college you at rich  ,what make parlours you having mate , enjoy the routine s mate sound busy ,it good to here the colleges are investing for future pupils to enjoy mate , we have had two enquirys from colleges about new parlours one will go ahead i am sure it will be a brand new unit with a westfalia parlour and 200 cubicles ,automatic scrapers ,the works so that will be a good job  ;)

Cracking shed and looks to be a simple build for the 1/32 farmers aswell. ..  :);)

nice little set up tris the building is made for cubicles as well tris but at the moment strawed yards needs to have a couple of years there he reckons then he will put them in

im at gelli aur by llandeilo ,mid wales  :) i think its alfa leval  ???:) there having one 20:40 put in now, then later once the old 12:12 is taken out the other 20:40 is going in  :) ill have to get a pic of it this week  ;)  theres one side of the old 12:12 left and behind were the collecting yard is ment to be is the pit for the 1st 20:40  :D

the farm routine is going to be fun  :D they start around half 4 and finnish about 12 dinner time  :D then start around 1-2pm for the second  :D but im looking forward to it  ;):) but before when they had both sides going they finnished about 9:30 am and around 6pm for the second milk  ;):)

• 2 weeks later...

just been serviceing a milking parlour today on a small farm today he milks 110 he likes his blue tractors has not got a loadall he has four tractors with loaders on so took some pics

DSCF3487.jpg

DSCF3488.jpg

DSCF3489.jpg

DSCF3504.jpg

DSCF3507.jpg

he scrapes up with the last one and pushes it into the spreader he has three feilds in the nvz so he can keep using this system

DSCF3492.jpg

i havent cerin but my brother in law was there last night doing a milk pump seal he got called out as they milk three times a day the last milking starts at 21.oo hours he left the farm at half nine last night , i think they are  having a large building put up in the spring for all the straight feed stuff as they had a bulk bin collapse a couple of months ago crashed down on the cubicle building i was there the next day but camera had flat batts would of made some nice pics it was a mess there

the second one sean the ground had wheat on this year so that onehas only been a couple of months the first building has been up a two years and the way it is going it will be another two years before it finishes :D and they both say they want to be in them milking by christmas  :o :o

it is all the ancillary stuff that takes the time sean still a long way to go with both units the first one still running generator for electric a big volvo penta boat engine i belive he is having dispute with electric he wants to dig trench up across feilds and let them do connection but they want to do the lot and it is costing to much that way bit political i think with mac nicholass as well ;)

thats unusall, we(bt) and most leccy boards will allow a farmer to lay his own cable or duct, infact its usally cheaper that way,our contractors charge 2500 quid to build a box, 1.2 m x .7m by 1.5 m deep, ripp off really, and duct is per m per duct, 75 quid in soft, ie soil / grass, 175 quid per m in roadway

Archived