Graham's Work

graham

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

very true mate , but then if you told a farmer 70 odd years ago that , some parlours could hold anything up to 100 cows at a time,  that the average family dairy herd would be 200 cows which with the improvements in animal nutirtion could see his herd yeilding 2million litres a year, that robotic unmanned systems could be installed as an option & that over 10 farmers a week are leaving dairy farming , he'd never believe it

I couldn't be bothered to write all that.  . .. but if you told a farmer 70 years ago anything of today he'd never believe it!  :laugh: :laugh:

I couldn't be bothered to write all that.  . .. but if you told a farmer 70 years ago anything of today he'd never believe it!  :laugh: :laugh:

sometimes it's a job to convince farmers of today ! but they still struggle on

some pics of another unit cubicle building with central feed passage up and over gates tipping water troughs open ridge and slits in roof for ventilation , parlour and dairy building on the side ,plus handling system and 40 more cubicles,

100_2333.jpg

100_2335.jpg

100_2334.jpg

100_2336.jpg

robotic feed pushing in machine sweeps the feed in for the cows bit extreme but they like it ,two super singles on a frame just as good i would have thought ,

some intresting pictures there graham, how long does a average instalation take then? ??? i know you have several on the go all the time 

the excavation s  started for this job last june be all done by september i should think sean the parlour will be finished in august ,i am going to australia in july so wont start this one up till i come back in middle of august, bulk tank is not being made until then so no milk storage

Looks very good Graham, is that straw on the feed barrier?   

hi cerin it is a straw mix with some maize silage and grass silage in they clear it up seem to like it

really nice to see farmers investing in these instalments but also surprised to still be seeing as many hands on parlours as the choice , this past month i've delivered to two farms equipped with robot milkers  also seen a few clip board holding chaps viewing perspective barns the farmers are thinking of installing them in

• 1 month later...

All our pea straw last year went for feed after it was baled, the contractor had several people looking for straw so it went all over the place to these people who wanted it, and then the other contractor was taking our rape/wheat straw to Ely power station, even though there is still a wheat straw stack left over from last year because the contractors are a bit fasttttt moving the straw.

Nice pictures by the way!

• 4 months later...

have not added any pics for a while some buildings and started fitting automatic slurry scrapers

DSCF0020.jpg

DSCF0021.jpg

DSCF0023.jpg

DSCF0028.jpg

DSCF0027.jpg

DSCF0025.jpg

the building has cubicles for 200 milking cows mattresses in cubicle beds ,tipping water troughs,feed faces down both outsides ,

the moffit does the farms loader work only know of one more working in are area

Nice buildings, Graham. Glad to see you have plenty on and keeping busy at it. I have only seen one other Moffet like that which Howards bought a main few yeas ago, 300 series MF based I think isn't it?

dont see many tris one on a farm by cllackett lane on m25 stands out in the feild sometimes by a staw barn you would only see it when heading back home thats the other one i know ,i am not sure tris what they was based round , yes tris still got plenty on not a nice day today out there thats for sure  ;)

wouldn't of wanted to have been a roofer the last few day on those sheds thats for sure ! MF moffet ? think yer right tris didn't the ford 40's have a different cab ?

there used to be a couple of moffets around Frome area tris i know that one is up round witham friary & the other near South Brewham / North Brewham not sure if the brewham one is still around though

Archived