Cullies Farm

smallclaas

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brillant idea gareth and the result is great ;)

Thanks Painter, it's an idea hopefully will help save a few quid in the farm layout building.

What are you going to come up with next what a brilliant idea

I've the thinking hat on at the moment Mike  ;)

garrett that has got to be one of the best tips on this forum what a great way to save a few pounds and a cracking tip , i should think there will be a 1\32 forest springing up all over the place , top bloke you are ;)

Thanks Graham, well that's what the forum is all about, sharing ideas, and hopefully saving a few quid with those ideas. I just got tired of shelling out a small fortune for scatter material. the blender though I think might get a little tired from now on  ;D ;D I'm going to try different shades of green in the next few batches I make up, so maybe try emulsion based paint to.

I used spray on glue to add the foliage to the branches, the colour is a little dark for a Beech tree, but sure it's a new breed of tree  ;) I reckon each tree so far has cost about €7.00 to make.  I'm happy with the overall result, as the object of this tree making was to keep it "cheap as wood chips"

I'll add a darker green to make the foliage for the Oaks, if anyone has to do a bit of landscaping I suggest you make your own foliage as the model shop stuff costs the earth for a small packet.

Always eager for a cheap joke, Deere-est spots another  :D :D :D

Anyhoooooooooooooooow, they look brilliant mate and if you think the foliage is little dark then maybe it's just because itis shaded by a mighty oak. ..  ;) The ideas you think up are just excellent and very resourceful mate.  ;):)

i see the sales of blenders has gone up due to some mad irishman building trees  :D :D

might have known it would have something to do with this thread !

going great guns with this at the moment G, i take it all the main builds are finished now & we're getting a masterclass in scenics  :) :)

no matter what you think , you'll never finish it , everytime you look you'll see something that needs to be done ,which is all the better for us  :) :)

that tree is cool

love all the detale

Always eager for a cheap joke, Deere-est spots another  :D :D :D

Anyhoooooooooooooooow, they look brilliant mate and if you think the foliage is little dark then maybe it's just because itis shaded by a mighty oak. ..  ;) The ideas you think up are just excellent and very resourceful mate.  ;):)

Thanks Tris, I always find if you have a good look around DIY stores, you will always find the raw materials to make your own bits and pieces for landscaping, I reckon I've made abotu 80 quids worth of Woodland Scenics foliage, not a bad money saving.

i see the sales of blenders has gone up due to some mad irishman building trees  :D :D

might have known it would have something to do with this thread !

going great guns with this at the moment G, i take it all the main builds are finished now & we're getting a masterclass in scenics  :) :)

no matter what you think , you'll never finish it , everytime you look you'll see something that needs to be done ,which is all the better for us  :) :)

All the main building done, I'm working on a new method of building at the mo that works out with a little more detail on the finished shed. I'm planning 4 sheds this way so keep an eye on this space  ;)

For the moment though I want to get all the landscaping off to a good start  :)

Detail, that's what is slowing me down at the mo, I'm always looking at trying new ways of adding in the small details as easy as possible, but I'm getting there  ;)

great idea g, cant see her indoors being to pleased with me filling the wedding present up with foam mind :D :D :D :D :D

Ah! but Sean, I bought the blender for this very purpose so it only lives in the kitchen for a few months and now and again it's used for the layout building. So no problems  ;)

Orgasmic!! The lighting in your attic is perfect for afternoon sun this time of year Garret.

Steady on Tris it's not past the 9 oclock watershed yet! there's still younger viewers around  ;D ;D The lights are just bog standard 60w bulbs set in the roof.

your last picture looks so real, i think i am going to have to go back to the begining of this and read it all it all looks so real ;)

Thanks 1/32 I think this topic started around 2005 and still going strong  ;)

excellent work gareth ;)

Thanks Painter  ;)

Cor blimey Garrett ...

I can't believe I am gonna say this but even "the trees look good"  :D :D :D

Thanks Barry, I know the tractor is the wrong colour  ;)

I'd echo Tris' response but it sounds creepy.... it is fantastic though Garrett....  ;D

How come the lanes are cut in so deep...is that based on something or just by default? The finish is lovely though, and those trees have been worth every second of the time you've put in, they look great.... maybe you should make them to sell... ;)

Archived