Cullies Farm

smallclaas

When I was a kid I used to buy a few cows every now and again so it built up over the years. I also bought in bulk off Ebay sometimes you can buy maybe 20 or so for a few quid if your lucky. Try Mandy she has some fair prices for cows.

awwwww right right, have to say the older cows looked better! thanks G

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

big aims you got! can i work for your dairy? :D how have you managed to collect so many cows over your time but, like the britains ones must cost on average 1 pound per cow!! this layout has realy given me the buzz to make a dairy unit but dont realy have the best of space nor money to buy in cows :D :D

i do recall the britains cows being 80p years ago.......

Have to agree the older British Fresian style cow from Britains had a little more detail and reality, where as the new Holstein Fresian from Britains is a little in a scale of it's own, but sure we soldier on  ::)

think that applies to all the current britains animal packs compaired to the older ones we have garrett,certainl ywith the pigs i have

i do recall the britains cows being 80p years ago.......

I remember buying Hereford cows for 23p each  :o our local toy shop used to put the price on the box, and I thought the box of Hereford cows was 23p a real bargain but soon realisied when I got to the counter and the lady asked me how many I wanted  :'( was only able to afford 2 with my weekly pocket money of 50p oh how times have changed  ;D

think that applies to all the current britains animal packs compaired to the older ones we have garrett,certainl ywith the pigs i have

Yes Sean the new pigs are a little strange, not much bacon on them,or as we had here last week not to much Benzine in them  >:( >:(

any new pics up mate

Soon  :)

yeah that wasnt good mate, didnt stop me eating my pack of irish ones from waitrose mind, bought them 3 days before the scare, still not got asnything nasty or dropped yet :D :D

We also bought a load of Pork at our local super, the thursday before the scare, Pork steaks, Pork chops, back of bacon and of course the sausages but ignored the scare totally. It was a little over the top, but sure they  have to be seen to react nowadays

how is the shed that you used plaster for the walls coming along,

Working hard at the mo,but have a few days off over Christmas so I'll get moving on it again soon  :)

can we have some pics of the milking parlour in action please  :D :D

Soon Davey  ;)

The farm milks 200 Holestien Freisians, but recently bought 7 Normande cows at a dispersal sale. The farm also has 30 Jersey and Jersey cross Holsteins to keep butterfat content high. The Normande cows will be joined by a few more in late Spring.

post-77-132638989029_thumb.jpg

post-77-132638989075_thumb.jpg

Just had another LOVELY ramble through this topic G... as always... I'm blown away with your ideas and equally stunned by the superb way you demonstrate how to do it PROPERLY...

Loving the 'make your own' approach to scatter.... what a smashing idea... and as for the plaster pouring... bloody brilliant..

Now... I've seen something on the TV recently about wax moulding... in sand.... buggered if I can remember how it worked mind you... just thinking of your casting method.... may be worth investigating.... sorry I can't remember which programme I watched it on  :-[

Anyway... many thanks for sharing your tips and wonderful layout for our enjoyment.... as always.. and I'd like to add how nice the pics look with the correct brand of tractor in them  ;D

Just had another LOVELY ramble through this topic G... as always... I'm blown away with your ideas and equally stunned by the superb way you demonstrate how to do it PROPERLY...

Loving the 'make your own' approach to scatter.... what a smashing idea... and as for the plaster pouring... bloody brilliant..

Now... I've seen something on the TV recently about wax moulding... in sand.... buggered if I can remember how it worked mind you... just thinking of your casting method.... may be worth investigating.... sorry I can't remember which programme I watched it on  :-[

Anyway... many thanks for sharing your tips and wonderful layout for our enjoyment.... as always.. and I'd like to add how nice the pics look with the correct brand of tractor in them  ;D

Thanks Mark, for the comments, well can't go wrong with a Massey, a pal of mine made the 5455 it's on a Hurlimann xm 100 chasis I think, not a bad little number.

Archived