Cullies Farm

smallclaas

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

waoh! great pics, this is hwat i love to see! thanks for taking the time mate ;):)

Thanks Matty, more coming soon  ;)

Lovely jubbley Garret. Replying whilst on holiday is worth the risk of being beaten by 'the boss' when it comes to your topic :D Love the newborn Highlands. :)

Tris thanks for taking the risk,  :D

Keep it coming Garret,i just love this display bloody stunning mate  :o :o :o :o ;)

Thanks sir, coming from you much appreciated  :) :)

Ok well, enough sheda built for the animals, so I decided to have a go at the farm house. The original house on the Cullies farm was demolished in the 80s but I have an aerial picture taken in 1956 which, helping me a little. The res isn't great, but I remember most of the house from when I was small.

I've made a start on the walls so now just to get the roof on and a few other bits  :)

post-77-132639000963_thumb.jpg

post-77-132639000973_thumb.jpg

Actually I do have another pic of the house, this one was taken in the 30s, you can see where they made a change to the front porch of the house in the 40s to a larger front door area

it just keeps on getting better ,thats gonna be very nice mate, why was it demolished then??

got to old and draughty, and the farm was run from an office from the 80s onwards. No one wanted the house anymore  :'(

post-77-132639001275_thumb.jpg

post-77-132639001292_thumb.jpg

Let me know when it's done mate, I'll help decorate!!  :D :D

Someone had to say it before Jez did  ::)

Looks like a grand mansion Garret and no doubt it's 32nd counterpart will too by the time your magic has been cast on it  :) :) :)

looking good  ;D;)

Thanks Murray  ;)

looks very good  ;) never thought of building myself a farmhouse  ::) may have to try  8)

Well Rhys the 1/32 Britains farmer has to live somewhere  :)

Let me know when it's done mate, I'll help decorate!!  :D :D

Someone had to say it before Jez did  ::)

Looks like a grand mansion Garret and no doubt it's 32nd counterpart will too by the time your magic has been cast on it  :) :) :)

Thanks Tris, it will be a little different from the original as I want to modernise it a little.

I just love this topic mate  :) :)

Thanks Boss  :)

nice and big cant think how much it would cost to heat that place. smart build

That's the reason why they knocked it down, I remember I was about 13 or so when it was demolished. I walked the foundations one evening. They were really well set foundations, it took a rock breaker to shift them. A local builder bought the stone from the house and landscaped his garden with them. The house had a strange history, the original owners lived there in the early 1800s but had no kids and it was left empty after they died for nearly 60 years. The new owners lived in it for about 30 or so years then moved out to the town and managed the farm in and office located in the shed at the rear of the house. it was knocked around 82 or 83 just left level. Now the entire farm is housing developments, with the rest of the land leased. Progress :'(

looks great,  ;), what size is it  :)

David it's 20inchs by 10 deep and 9.75 inchs high that's 1/32 of course  :)

Archived