Cullies Farm

smallclaas

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:o I don't think i've ever seen so many model cattle grouped together like that, and all that space yet to fill!

This is going to be something special when it's complete.

I am bowled over by this every time I look at it... it's simply perfect... if there were spaces on the honours list for services to farm modelling you'd be Sir Garrett by now.... it's blinkin' ace! ;D I love it! ;D

Thanks for the comments lads, much appricated, it's great that people are able to see it. I think if there was no FTF I'd no be building this. I collected the cows over a period of nearly 15 years or so, every Friday with my pocket money I would buy 2 or 3 when they were about 24p each. Always been a cattle man even at 5 years of age  ;)

Garret you can always surprice my with your great work. Maybe it is a idea to make a topic (locked) with only the pictures from your farm.

Texas

I've often thought about that Bas, lock the topic and just post, but it's nice to get a response. When I finish this layout maybe lock it then.

Garret - I have not looked at this for a while an some effort has gone in since - well done ;D

Thanks Boss  :)

wow Garrett this topic will soon be in it's fourth year !

had you built any model displays before the forum ?

No just lost the run of it, this is the first time I ever did something like this, had a Hornby train as a kid alright but just placed a few buildings around it nothing secinic. I think as a kid I always wanted to do some sort of layout, but now I have my own attic so I can do what I want with it. It all started with the older yard I just wanted something small to display a few models then I decided to add a little landscaping and the rest is history  :)

just keeps getting better lad me and sam must land down some time  ;)

Peter no problem your only an hour up the road so call anytime  ;)

That is  Pretty Amazing ! :o

Well done! ;)

Kev. :)

Thanks Kev

well i really cant find words to describe what i am seeing now g, so i will just go with the abov from everyone, just lost for wordse

Thanks Sean, sure you've seen it all before  :)

love it garret, great work here! cows already out? :-\ :) nice to see it

Matty a farm near me has had cows out since the 10th of feb, that's a first for our wet damp soils here in Cavan, but they are grazing very heavy and the cows are taken off the paddocks at 12 everyday for 3 hours, they just stand in the lanes and then back to grazing at 3 and housed after milking that evening. it's supposed to save feed costs and less concentrates are used. They have been doing this for 2 years now and are happy with the system.

what great updates garrett it all looks great but that silage pit with the silage in looks top class mate , and the jersey crosses it is all brilliant  ;)

Thanks Graham, that silo should be nearing completion next week  ;)

Please Garret bring it to Spalding  :D :D :D :D ::)

Think I'd need an artic to haul it  :)

WOW Garret love it :P :P

Thanks Mark  :)

Now G    I want to know what you will fill the lagoons with

Remember it must be scale   And runny    And smelly   ;D ;D ;)

Same as allways     Scott ;)

It will be interesting to see how this effect is done. Looking at the Squires catalogue they have this free-setting resin called Scenic Water that can replicate still or flowing water as well as bubbles and ripples.

I'm eager to try it out myself so I can use a Britains slurry tanker hose in a layout..

Now G    I want to know what you will fill the lagoons with

Remember it must be scale   And runny    And smelly   ;D ;D ;)

Same as allways     Scott ;)

Going to fill it with a mixture of topsoil watered into a sloppy mix and add some dark green emulsion paint  ;)

now thats very nice 

:o;) well done Garret

Thanks boss  :)

It will be interesting to see how this effect is done. Looking at the Squires catalogue they have this free-setting resin called Scenic Water that can replicate still or flowing water as well as bubbles and ripples.

I'm eager to try it out myself so I can use a Britains slurry tanker hose in a layout..

Not a bad Idea  ;)

Archived