Cullies Farm

smallclaas

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

***cough splutter***

Never seen one admittedly but G-Man-Superstar that forage blower is wicked. Really looks the part, that set up is ace. Won't see many like that in the model world.

Thanks for the comments folks. Just thought I'd try something not really seen anymore, these towers were all the rage in the late 70s early 80s there is still a few around where I live but are no longer in use.

You'd need a trawler to cut silage at cullies farm at the mo  ;D water everywhere  ;)

Got me forage blower finished today, it looks a little like something from Eastern Europe but it's as good as I could manage.

Now pipes on the silo and finished.

i'd find it hard to believe it's finished garret, i daresay a splash of paint will go on at sometime ! but those bit's & bobs certainly do the job , do i see parts from a rotaspreader used for the blower ! job well done .

i go to plenty of farms with these towers , must ask if they still have the bits for them for pics

i'd find it hard to believe it's finished garret, i daresay a splash of paint will go on at sometime ! but those bit's & bobs certainly do the job , do i see parts from a rotaspreader used for the blower ! job well done .

i go to plenty of farms with these towers , must ask if they still have the bits for them for pictures

Well spotted, used a rotaspreader and maize harvester from a kids cheap farm toy kit to make it.

Got to doing a few roundbales today

roundiea.jpg

roundieb.jpg

roundiec.jpg

Round bales all done now only a few acres of silage to do sometime this week  ;)

tidy work , what have you used for the grass being picked up ?

Bales are made from Grahams idea, Tris has posted a topic in hints and tips on how to make them, it's quite simple just wrap pipe insulation in insulation tape and hey presto there done. The pipe insulation is the grey stuff you can get in any plumbers supply shops or hardware shops.

smart work as usuall garrett, grass ideas a good one to, could almost pass as straw to going by the colour of it

Thanks Sean, it's losing a bit of colour at the mo, got bleached out since last year, I might add a bit of green dye to lift it for the second cut  ;D

All good, Garrett. Like the grass it makes a good meadow grass/pasture look alike. I used dried moss but it does leave it coarser. I like this :)

Thanks Tris, I was going to use artificial stuff but it's very expensive and there's not enough in a packet.

Sorry to be picky, the baler has white wrap rolls and the wrapped bales are black... ;D:-[

I wondered who'd be the first to comment on that  :D I know I ran out of black insulation tape so had nothing to cover up the white rolls on the wrapper.

that grass looks the buisness mate ;)

Thanks Boss  :)

Well got to the silage this morning, the contractor arrived with a demo Xerion 3800 causing quite a stir coming up the lane

silagea09.jpg

silageb09.jpg

The old man of the yard still remembers when the thrashing machine used to call

silagec09.jpg

silaged09.jpg

Thight squeeze through some of the gates and lanes around here.

very nice garret very nice indeed where did you get the farm worker from

Thanks Martin, those 4 Kanes I bought from you last October, will be making an apperance soon ;) the farm worker is from a cheap farm set.

tidy display your worker has quite the belly on him :D

Too much time spent driving tractors.

Nice picture's there garret,  8) 8)

Thanks Davey, Xerion a little bit of overkill for this area but sure why not.

excellent pictures man, really looking forward to them lifting tonight ;):)

Could be another few hours away, still a few farms away yet  ;D

Archived