Cullies Farm

smallclaas

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its been a long time since I came on here and looked through the forum and I think the last time I was on you had just completed your first machinery shed. I cant believe the detail you have put into this farm and landscape, Well done  ;) ;) ;)

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Light Land, been quiet lately on the old Cullies farm front, been busy at work, got the silo more or less finished though :) Just to fit it into the layout now.

I made the pipes for filling from acrylic tubes from ema model supplies, I bent them by placing them infront of the range at home and when they heated up a bit the were easy to form. Now the blower and forage deck have something to do ;)

silotowera.jpg

towersilob.jpg

god that looks brillant garrett what a lovely job you have done .that use t make the tractors grunt blowing silage up them the pipes blocking with the sugers that have come out of the grass on the bends  ;)cracking model

god that looks brillant garrett what a lovely job you have done .that use t make the tractors grunt blowing silage up them the pipes blocking with the sugers that have come out of the grass on the bends  ;)cracking model

Thanks for the comments lads, well Graham got there in the end  ;) long time taken to get this one finished

remember them in the 70s-80s ... are they still built for real

There still used in the US but here in Ireland there a thing of the past, the grass was too heavy and sometimes wet to make them efficent, more good old pits here now.

Will you add a abit of tar around the base of the silage tower to keep the water out of the base?.

Looks sick so far,even and non silage person like myself can see the effort you`ve put in.

Got the black paint on standby  ;)

well it seems you have the only complete silo aroung garrett ! when i deliver on farms that have these towers i do ask if the loadbed & blowers are still about & after a bit of thought & a flick through the memory i get the usual vague answer of

bl00dy 'ell they'm went yuurs ago ! whas wan see one of they fer then ?  :D :D

• 5 weeks later...

Archived