Cullies Farm

smallclaas

Just been looking through this topic, its been a long time since I was on and what can I say smallclass, absolutely fantastic the time and effort gone into this layout is unbelievable, great work.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

Any idea what's going there Garrett ? New farm buildings or residential , hope it's he first one .

Nothing Sean just a flat concrete yard void of buildings. It's between 2 schools and the kids are wagging off class and hanging around the yard. It's become too much of a liability for the owners. 

Sadly end up as houses I recon , such a shame to see places like that get gobbled up into the village/town. I am planning to go and look at ash tree in May when I am up there, and if I can the other bigger farm,see what's left, been a good while since I last visited them, at least 8 years, can't bear to go normally as its all missed 

49 minutes ago, smallclaas said:

Picture no 1 the real thing which since Thursday no longer exists and picture 2 the model yard 

20160306_132057.jpg

20160313_201054.jpg

That's one of the best pair of photos I've seen in a while. Really shows how well you've replicated the real thing

3 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

Will you put anything in the yard now Garrett ? Cattle handling kit runs ect or just leave it open 

There's a cattle crush along the side of the old cow byre with a collecting yard in front of the slatted shed. I'll put some silage on the slab in the centre of the yard and some round bales in the lower part of the yard. I've got some plans to convert the old piggery at the bottom of the yard into calf housing.

Going to add a bit of dirt and some weathering as it all looks to tidy at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived