Cullies Farm

smallclaas

looking great garrett i know you are but it needs to be shown to the masses fella got to get it out off that loft and on show mate i would think the feedback you get from it will be amazing what a great layout :) :) :) :)

Thanks Graham, I started this project in 2001 long before I discovered the Forum, so it's great to let people see what's going on. I hope to haul some bits of it to shows next Summer and  hopefully if there is a display section next year in Toytrac I'll get the ferry over and haul a few bits and pieces with me. Thanks again Graham, great to get feedback from a Master builder like yourself ;)

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

very nice garret mate, love the grass to, is it like astro turf effect?? might have to have a look for some of that,as it could be painted yellow i recon for a nice wheat stubble

It is just the same as Astro turf, bloomin heavy stuff hauled 7 foot lenghts up into the loft this weekend and even though it was frosty outside and cold in the loft, the sweat was rolling. I was going to try and bleach some of it to make stuble from it. It cost a fortune but I did a swap with the guy in the centre for some video footage of his landscape garden biz, well worth it or just madness her in doors dosen't know yet ;) She already thinks I'm mad.

It is just the same as Astro turf, bloomin heavy stuff hauled 7 foot lenghts up into the loft this weekend and even though it was frosty outside and cold in the loft, the sweat was rolling. I was going to try and bleach some of it to make stuble from it. It cost a fortune but I did a swap with the guy in the centre for some video footage of his landscape garden biz, well worth it or just madness her in doors dosen't know yet ;) She already thinks I'm mad.

i have some small bits of astro turf, but need bigger, found that bleach didnt work on the test bit i tried, but yellow road marking paint takes a treat to it, and covers well to? might be worth a try, the type the gas board use to mark for a hole being dug

i would enjoy looking at it if they do manage to have a area at some of these shows for a few dioramas .  i have never had the room to do fields etc on the layouts that i have done so to see the ones on here is great my layouts have just been of the farmyards on 8 b 4 sheets of ply great place this forum ;D ;D

i would enjoy looking at it if they do manage to have a area at some of these shows for a few dioramas .   i have never had the room to do fields etc on the layouts that i have done so to see the ones on here is great my layouts have just been of the farmyards on 8 b 4 sheets of ply great place this forum ;D ;D

I'm building my stuff on 4x2 sheets of 6mm MDF. They can be stood on their side against the wall and transported on their sides on the backseat of the car.

I'm shortly going to build a cupboard for them in the garage that they can slide into like trays of bread slide into the back of a bread van. I'll post pics when it's done.

I agree Graham great place this forum for ideas and feedback.

I'm building my stuff on 4x2 sheets of 6mm MDF. They can be stood on their side against the wall and transported on their sides on the backseat of the car.

I'm shortly going to build a cupboard for them in the garage that they can slide into like trays of bread slide into the back of a bread van. I'll post pics when it's done.

Lookin forward to seeing that Stan will it be ready for Lusk next year?

Feck me!!  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

That is going to look fantastic when its done G!!  :) :) :) :)

I thought something along the same lines for mine too Stan, I just need to get Garret to shorten my barn now so it will fit in with everything else.  ::)

I thought something along the same lines for mine too Stan, I just need to get Garret to shorten my barn now so it will fit in with everything else.  ::)

Like this .......  ::)

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=888.0;attach=26620;image

No problem on the shortening bit, I'm makin one of those sheds in 6 bay at the mo with an open side. Should look ok.

that pic still makes me cry, even though it wasnt that serious

It was serious for a few minutes when they realised it wouldn't fit!  :D :D :D :D

Then yours truly handed him the saw. You should have seen the look on his face  :o - and Garret's!  :'(

Me and Mrs.P showed our compassionate sides - and got the cameras out!  ::)

It was serious for a few minutes when they realised it wouldn't fit!  :D :D :D :D

Then yours truly handed him the saw. You should have seen the look on his face  :o - and Garret's!  :'(

Me and Mrs.P showed our compassionate sides - and got the cameras out!  ::)

Too right, still got those roof bars i pinched too.......  :D :D :D :D :D :D

I can just see it now, there was one hell of a thunder storm after the show, would'nt of left much of the shed heading up the M6 :'( :'(

You've not seen it recently then....... (Insert lots of cringing face smileys here  ::))

:D is that it no cringe factor in that, just a bit of home improvement ;)

You should have seen it before I tidied it up a few minutes ago, Mrs P saw it and thought I had had rats in the shed!  ::)

The good news is, you will have 8 jars by tomorrow AM.  ;)

You should have seen it before I tidied it up a few minutes ago, Mrs P saw it and thought I had had rats in the shed!  ::)

The good news is, you will have 8 jars by tomorrow AM.  ;)

Great will you do me 12 ;D ah go on? I'll get you some green rolls of clad.

Archived