Cullies Farm

smallclaas

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Insulation would be a good idea. Keep the cold out in winter, and heat out in summer.

Got this one sorted today, priced sheets of hard board at ?5.00 for a sheet of 8X4 at 3mm thick should do the trick. I've notice that the corrie takes in the damp from the air in the loft so better get sheeting soon. I'll whack a bit of fibre glass to the back of it to insulate and hopefully it will do the trick.

Brilliant Garret..... Will the diarama have to stay where it is now or will it be portable??

Afraid it's staying put, but when this one is finished I'm planning to make another one for hauling to shows. This one at the mo is a bit of a daft project stuck in the loft.

I just want to cry.

Garret. .. . this is out of this world. . . . there is no other full layout like it mate.

Glad the concrete turned out ok. Still need to do the bit infron of my workshop doors. ... need to file off the now permanently fixed doors though  >:(???::)

looking good g,the streems and mud sections look great

try some insulation inbetween the rafters and then dome foil backed plaster board over that,should stop the cold and damp ok ,think theres also ment to be a membrane there to, but i know her parents has been ok scines i doid that

if you use celotex or simalar its alot dencer  i put in some stuff in the last loft conversion it was 110mm thick. which is around 10inch of fibre glass. best to leave a 25 mm gap between the insulation and felt, for air flow. or you may start getting damp and rot problems.

Archived